Laundry Aide Description
Provides laundry services to ensure a safe, sanitary and comfortable environment for residents, staff, visitors, and the public.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Cleans linens according to facility procedures.
- Takes appropriate actions to secure laundry chemicals and supplies out of reach of residents at all times.
- Cleans the personal clothing items of residents / patients and ensures the prompt and accurate return of those items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Laundry Aide Requirements
Physical Demands & Environment
- Sufficient education to demonstrate functional literacy.
Working in institutional laundry environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift or move items of up to 50 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
SavaSeniorCare - 13 months ago