Analyst I, Consulting - Downstream Energy
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today’
s business landscape, including energy and power; design and supply chain; defense, risk and security; environmental, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability; country and industry forecasting; and commodities, pricing and cost. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, IHS employs more than 6,000 people in more than 30 countries around the world.
Analyst I, Consulting– Downstream Energy Consulting
The Analyst will be a key member of the IHS Downstream Energy consulting team. The Analyst assists consultants with research and data analysis for use in proprietary studies as well as the compilation of project reports and presentations across a wide range of activities related to the crude oil and refined product value chains.
- Manipulate proprietary databases and Excel Workbooks for data collection and analysius
- Conduct independent research online, as well as thorugh internal and/or paid subscriptions/publications.
- Audit and update proprietary models and tools such as the crude oil and refined product price forecast models and crude oil assay cutting tools.
- Construct and manipulate Excel workbooks for data analysis.
- Translate raw data and concepts into graphical reports.
- Work with other analysts and consultants to produce comprehensive presentations and reports.
- Review data for accuracy and proofread written reports.
- Build knowledge of IHS resources/experts in order to reach project objectives and provide text/analysis for projects utilizing these resources.
- Learn and understand crude oil and petroleum industry terminology across all value chains.
- Excellent research and writing abilities.
- Comfortable with a high degree of data manipulation
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) -- in Excel, be comfortable with linking, pivot tables, database links.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to interact with clients (internal and external)
- Able to nulti-task and prioritize
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
*Only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow up*
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US-Texas-Houston - Westheimer
IHS - 12 months ago