Responsible for electronically processing a high volume of loan applications and guarantees, financial aid applications, COD grant payment data, ACH & wire transfers, and other financial aid information. Also responsible for processing incoming loan rosters and transferring applicable funds to schools for student payment and reconciling those payments on a daily basis. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Process loan applications and guarantees electronically, while resolving applicable errors.
- Process FAFSAs, ISIRs and ISIR corrections electronically, while resolving applicable errors.
- Process Pell, ACG, & SMART (COD) Payment data electronically.
- Reconcile annual COD payments.
- Process and reconcile high volume of FFELP and private loan funds.
- Support default management function.
- Assist in the processing/research of refunds.
- Respond to any questions within specified time frame.
- Special projects as assigned and needed as skill level and environment warrants.
SFS Processing Supervisor
Accounting and Finance staff
- Associate's degree in accounting or finance required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two or more years of support experience in a key data entry role preferably in a Financial Aid office.
- Knowledge of CARS, CampusVUE, Lawson or similar is helpful, although the ability to learn new software may substitute.
- Knowledge of Title IV regulations relating to student loan processing preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both executive and school staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, self-motivation, and problem resolution skills.
- Comfort in computing environment; high level of proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software. Preferred: Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Applications, experience with CARS system or CampusVUE and Department of Education Software.
- Ability to complete work in a timely fashion in accordance with federal regulations.
- Ability to learn new software packages quickly and with minimal support.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Education Management Corporation - 6 months ago
Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student...