Job ID: 599
Provide in-depth materials and processes (M&P) technical support in the areas of high reliability aerospace printed wire board (PWB) fabrication, assembly, and testing for both in-house organizations and subcontractors.
Minimum Education, Skills and Years of Experience Required to Perform the Above:
- Provide M&P technical expertise to SS/L engineering and manufacturing organizations involved in the design, fabrication, and use of printed wiring boards (PWBs) in spaceflight hardware.
- Provide technical guidance in the application of requirements from NASA, ESA, IPC and other established industry/government standards (e.g. IPC 6012 Class 3/A, IPC 6013 Class 3, IPC-A-600 Class 3) for fabrication of PWBs (rigid and rigid flex boards)
- Provide technical assessments of engineering designs, manufacturing documentation, and test reports.
- Support material review board (MRB), failure review board (FRB) and other failure investigation activities.
- Recommend process improvements and corrective actions.
- Assist in the evaluation and qualification of vendor sources for raw materials and equipment used for PWB production.
- Provide technical review and approval of materials and processes used by SS/L subcontractors.
- Support materials and process audits of PWB and other manufacturing activities.
- Assist other M&P engineers in interrelated technical fields.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced M&P engineers.
- Support overall M&P organization in other general engineering activities as needed.
About Space Systems/Loral (SS/L)
- B.S. degree in materials engineering, materials science, electrical engineering or other related engineering/science field. M.S. degree preferred.
- With B.S degree, a minimum of 10 years work experience in aerospace electronics industry, hi-rel military/aerospace or related field(s) or
- with M.S. degree, a minimum of eight years related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of NASA, ESA, MIL-STD, IPC standards related to PWB design and fabrication.
- Demonstrated broad experience in PWB fabrication processes and quality requirements.
- Familiarity with CAD/CAM systems used for design, fabrication of printed circuit boards.
- Demonstrated experience with manual and automated electronic assembly equipment highly desirable.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills.
Space Systems/Loral (SS/L) is the leading provider of geostationary commercial satellites, with experience building and integrating some of the worlds most powerful and complex satellites and spacecraft systems. The company has a long history of delivering reliable satellites and s...
Omni-Jobs.com - 3 years ago