Job Posting Title
Territory Sales Representative - Washington DC
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions.
Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels.
As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents and make a difference.
Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies List.
***Need to live within 30 miles of Washington, DC**
The Territory Sales Representative (TSR) is responsible for maximizing and growing revenue and profits within his/her assigned geography by selling to existing customers and acquiring new business.
This is an entry-level sales position. The TSR is empowered to make key decisions impacting sales for medium-sized customers in assigned territory. Specific responsibilities include:
• Selling to existing Grainger customers in assigned territory
• Creating and executing a territory sales plan that meets or exceeds stated revenue and profit targets
• Optimizing call routes to maximize time in the field and overall efficiency
• Meeting regularly with customers in sales territory to understand their evolving MRO needs
• Educating customers on Grainger offer and purchase options (e.g., Seller direct, Phone, Grainger.com)
• Expanding Customer understanding and use of Grainger’s standard product and service capabilities
• Identifying and pursuing new customer acquisition opportunities in assigned territory
• Monitoring real-time opportunities at new businesses and/or business expansion in assigned territory
• Conducting cold calls to acquire new customers in assigned sales territory
• Educating potential customers on Grainger’s offer and purchase options
• Building long-term, productive, and mutually beneficial relationships with new customers
• Championing Grainger’s value proposition in assigned territory and brand in the local community
• Visiting all customers and prospects in a branded company vehicle
• Being regularly available and responsive to customers’ real-time needs
• Identifying and executing local marketing activities to enhance local presence and grow sales
All candidates must have:
• An assertive personality, high energy level and resilient character
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Exhibits high integrity in all business dealings
• Strong time management and organization skills
• A valid drivers license
• High School Diploma or GED
Preferred candidates will have an Undergraduate Degree and/or prior sales experience
All candidates must demonstrate ability to:
• Rapidly build knowledge of Grainger’s MRO product lines
• Identify opportunities, negotiate and manage sales, manage business needs and cost requirements
• Understand and use basic selling techniques: open, probe, presentation, over-coming objections
• Understand, apply and synthesize complex data/information regarding customers and account package
• Self-directed, entrepreneurial work environment
• Total compensation weighted heavily towards commissions rewarded for incremental sales and profits
• Required to drive a Grainger branded vehicle within assigned sales territory
• Reports to Manager, Territory Sales
•Directly impacts the short and long-term financial results of assigned sales territory by:
• Driving sales and profits at existing and new customers
• Providing the highest quality of service to Grainger customers
Grainger is an equal opportunity employer.
W.W. Grainger - 15 months ago