Responsible for management of assigned department.
General Management Responsibilities
Creates and fosters an environment of positive customer service through programming, education training and role modeling the behavior within the department.
- Develops department budget. Analyzes costs, develop programs to assure compliance with budgetary constraints and provide justifications for budget variances. Implements cost containment measures and encourages conservation of resources. Plans for the ongoing and future capital needs of the department, prepares Capital Expenditure Requests (CER) proposals with necessary analysis and documentation. Evaluates new and existing technologies and makes recommendations for purchase or upgrades.
- Develops, and implements departmental goals and objectives that support and enhance the hospital’s mission. Establishes means to measure, record, and track success in meeting goals and objectives.
- Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings to communicate issues regarding compliance with established procedures and overall work unit effectiveness.
- Responsible for the recruitment and retention of qualified staff members.
- Responsible to appropriately orient, develop and train staff members.
- Assists others in time of need (PTO, STD, etc.)
- Plans, directs and coordinates the efforts of the assigned department personnel to ensure the appropriate use of resources in providing services to all hospital customers and other departments in accordance with hospital’s objectives.
- Ensures that employee performance evaluations are conducted in a timely manner that the performance evaluations are fair and consistent and that performance expectations are communicated.
- Responsible for appropriate conduct management of staff members. Perform conflict-resolution, present employee commendations, conduct problems solving and implement progressive disciplinary actions appropriate to St. Joseph’s Hospital policies and procedures.
- Adheres to St. Joseph’s Hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists/Participates in the development of policies & procedures as applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In support of being a Work Community of Choice, as related to our core values, management will recognize employees through programs.
- Maintains excellent Patient Satisfaction results.
- Maintains overall Employee Climate Assessment score within department that is equivalent or higher than SJHHC average for Employee Overall Satisfaction.
Participates and/or volunteers in community programs which promote healthcare.
- Monthly report to immediate CNO on status of activities.
- Develop and maintain a department recognition program.
Performance Improvement, Information Reporting and Physician Relations
f. Other duties as assigned.
- Manages effective computerized system applications within the department. Evaluates new and existing technologies and makes recommendations for purchase and/or upgrade. Participates in long range system planning with senior management and CHI.
- Provides consultative assistance to Hospital Leadership and/or Medical Staff in analyzing, problem solving, and interpreting information to identify performance measures. Identifies, evaluates and recommends departmental/service line improvement activities based on Hospital strategic goals.
- Oversees the preparation of various statistical and financial progress reports for Hospital Leadership and/or Medical Staff to include standard and ad hoc reports. Compiles data on selected performance indicators utilizing appropriate statistical techniques. Develops and presents reports that clearly display trends and outcomes over time.
- Serves as an ad hoc member on various Hospital and/or Medical Staff Committees at the request of senior leadership and/or physicians.
g. Assists director in other related duties as required and assigned.
1. Maintains current license, records and statistics in compliance with state and federal laws.
2. Schedules employees for mandatory annual updates.
3. Determines and defines policies and procedures needed for department.
4. Works with patients of all ages from newborn to geriatric.
5. Maintains current N.D. state license as a CLS.
6. Utilizes established laboratory scripts as a tool to improve on our services.
7. Knowledge of Meditech computer system Laboratory and Blood Bank modules
8. Knowledgeable in basic computer skills.
9. Participates in hospital/department meetings and volunteers for/participates in committees and/or projects.
10. Identifies and achieves a professional development goal each year.
11. Attends additional continuing education related to area of competence (over and above mandatory in-services).
12. Shares expertise by mentoring, precepting, or teaching an in-service or class.
1. Graduate of an approved school of Medical Technology with a B.S. degree in Medical Technology from an accredited college. Registered ASCP or equivalent. Three plus years of experience in Laboratory Management with at least 5 years of total lab experience.
2. Management and supervisory experience. Organizational ability. Good job knowledge. Ability to get along well with others and to promote good guest relations. Ability to delegate, supervise and direct. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to use professional judgment in releasing lab results.
3. Have or able to obtain a current North Dakota license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
4. FIT testing
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
ND-Dickinson-St Joseph's Hospital And Hlth
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 11 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...