To coordinate the appropriate staffing and patient care in the doctor’s offices. The clinical supervisor will provide leadership in the areas of quality patient care, nursing judgement, and appropriate clinical staff responsibilities and service excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Plans organizes, schedules, and coordinates the daily activities of the clinical and support staff delivering services in various areas of the Department of Medicine. Provides guidance and support to ensure patient access, customer service and appropriate clinical care for a defined population of patients. Intervenes as necessary to redirect, guide or counsel staff in the delivery of patient care services.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures appropriate clinic staffing and assignments.
- Continually evaluates patient flow and provides intervention to facilitate patient care in an optimal timeline.
- Facilitates provider care by ensuring staff assistance as needed.
- Evaluates all aspects of the patient care delivery system and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Anticipates problems and obstacles in clinic settings and applies appropriate problem solving skills to prevent or reduce delay in patient care.
- Assesses and triages patients that arrive without appointments and directs them to the appropriate level of care as needed.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with staff, patients, providers and supervisors, uses a positive team approach in communication.
- Acts as a role model for professional behavior and customer service excellence.
- Acts as a resource to all clinical and administrative staff regarding patient care issues.
- Develops and implements appropriate educational tools for clinical staff.
- Oversees the staff orientation processes serves as a resource for preceptors and evaluates the performance of all new employees.
- Arranges for inservices regarding new equipment, techniques, and processes prior to introducing them to the clinic.
- Prepares and analyzes reports needed for department.
- Works collaboratively with staff and others across service lines.
- Contributes to annual employee evaluations.
- Evaluates staff effectiveness in providing patient care in a manner that adheres to MFA policies, Infection Control Guidelines and OSHA guidelines
- Ensures and promotes compliance with all departmental and MFA policies including but not limited to the following:
- Standards regarding training, professional development, communication and management of workload.
- OSHA/safety and emergency policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current DC licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Over three years of nursing experience with demonstrated supervisory ability in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Experience in using a computerized system. Knowledge of IDX patient scheduling/registration is preferred.
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard