The Healthcare Informaticist will be responsible for changing the culture within the designated service line related to the implementation of technology. The Healthcare Informaticist serves as the primary technology resource for related clinical/financial information systems within the designated service line. Responsibilities include planning and design of business solutions and resources needed to meet business goals/objectives, facilitation of the integration of data, information, knowledge and/or systems to support improved productivity, efficiency, decision making, and/or quality outcomes in all roles and health care settings.
Position is responsible for implementation and management of system configurations, analyzing data, information and information system requirements. Develops and provides a variety of reports. Provides clinical and/or technical expertise as a consultant to the user community, branch locations, affiliate or managed sites, Information Services, vendors, etc. Responsible for the orientation and on-going training and education of all user personnel.
A medical technologist with information system experience is preferred . An individual with laboratory information system experience and a related degree will be considered. This individual is responsible for providing end user support of the Cerner Millennium information system used in the laboratory. In addition, they will play a significant role in upgrade validations, ongoing laboratory projects, build and support of Cerner Millennium implementations within our medical community. This person must have strong organizational skills, pay close attention to detail, and understand the role of the information system in the laboratory. Project management experience is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in a field related to the designated service line preferred
- Three (3) to four (4) years of healthcare related experience
- Two (2) years experience involving the implementation, establishment, updating and/or maintenance of an information system, preferred
- Demonstrated project management and requirements gathering and analysis skills
- Current Montana license as appropriate to discipline/designated service line
- Current Montana drivers license and the ability to be insured to operate Billings Clinic vehicles
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Click Here to Apply Online
Billings Clinic - 20 months ago