The Office of the Chief Information Officer for Health and Human Services is an office located at HRA and reporting directly to the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services. This office is responsible for implementing the HHS-Connect Roadmap. The mission of HHS-Connect is to break information silos through the use of modernized technology and coordinated agency practices to more efficiently and effectively provide health and human services to New Yorkers. In furtherance of this mission, HHS-Connect developed the Worker Connect system, used to link information between several of the HHS Agencies. The Curam Developer will be critical in the maintenance of this operation.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations and Maintenance, the HHS-Connect Curam Developer plays a key role in delivering on the HHS-Connect goal to help Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) build efficient case management systems.
Responsibilities will include:
• Developing new and maintaining existing applications and modules based on Cúram
framework within HHS-Connect Program.
• Writing Java code using OO techniques, design patterns and industry standards.
• Serving as a Cúram technical resource for software and application development functions.
• Performing performance and capacity management functions.
• Performing release management and repository configurations; creating and maintaining
systems designs and architectures.
• Performing code reviews and preparing unit test results reports.
• Coordinating agency technical resources and DataShare resources.
• Assisting development team members in their tasks as needed.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
• Knowledge and experience with Cúram technical architecture and system integration for
• 3-5 years of Cúram development (Cúram certification preferred).
• Experience with Oracle WebCenter Suite or Weblogic Portal.
• Experience using IBM Websphere MQ products.
• Experience using Oracle or any other relational database.
WebCenter Suite, Weblogic Application Server, WSRP and Portlet development, Web
• Project planning, QTP, Solaris, ANT and Rational Tools.
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
Click "APPLY NOW" Button
New York City Residency is not required for this position
NYC Careers - 17 months ago