Student Program Internship - Marketing-1207082
Organization : Safety & Graphics Business Gro
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota
Job Type: Student Programs
3M is seeking a Marketing Intern for the Display & Graphics Business, Traffic Safety Systems Division. The target start date for this position is June 2013.
An intern (typical 10-12 week, full-time schedule assignment) position is a temporary assignment with 3M's Corporate Student Programs. Corporate Student Programs is designed to provide 3M with the opportunity to identify qualified candidates for regular employment, and to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their academic knowledge with work experience. As a Student Programs participant located in Maplewood, MN you will develop skills, and gain work experience in your field of study.
This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Location: The person hired for the position of Market Analyst Intern will be located in Maplewood, MN and subsidized housing will be provided for those who qualify.
- Perform basic market analysis for 3M Motor Vehicle Systems and Services business and target markets.
- Identify key customer needs, and market segments. Define 3M and competitive SWOT and make recommendations for 3M regarding position, price, product/service needs and market place.
- Communicate findings in written and oral form.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Marketing and/or Business from an accredited university
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship or experience in a business or marketing role. Research experience. Academic training on basic marketing and business concepts
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor level or higher degree program in Marketing and/or Business with an accredited university, having completed at a minimum your Junior year by summer of 2013
- Previous experience as a 3M Intern or Technical Aide OR internship with a manufacturing company
3M Traffic Safety Systems - Improving materials, systems, and services to better serve motorists in today's challenging driving conditions.
The MVSS business unit offers solutions to departments of motor vehicles to allow for better service and more efficient use of taxpayer dollars. 3M MVSS offers software, services and products for DMVs.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=15rp5itg8/http:/cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.3M.com&esheet=6627509&lan=en-US&anchor=www.3M.com&index=1&md5=d97e6d24dbc1a38178e1dde881fface6 or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 21 months ago
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...