Responsible for greeting and providing high quality customer assistance to patients, families, and visitors. Coordinate administrative support to the processing of patients for medical services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inquire medical records from outside physicians. Communicate with referring physician office to obtain all pertinent information regarding diagnosis as required
- Coordinate, register and process radiation therapy services related to patient’s visit and/or treatment
- Greet patients, visitors, vendors, and provide assistance, directions and instructions
- Answer telephones; Schedule and coordinates patients for appointments or reappointments as they are discharged
- Ensure medical services are coordinated and provided appropriately to patients
- Obtain authorization/certification for patient services
- Verifies and completely documents third party insurance coverage and benefits for all patients
- Insures appropriate coding, completion of billing and reimbursement documentation is accurate with appropriate clinical staff
- Administer financial counseling to patients and assist in identifying resources to cover charges not covered by health plan, insurance or other sources
- Audit daily entries patient accounts for accuracy of charges, service dates and diagnosis; Reconciles discrepancies as needed
- Examine needs of patient charts when patient is a referral
- Requisition films/disk from imaging facility for patients
- Compile new patient charts and assure all data is collected prior to patient arrival
- Collect office co-pays and co-insurance payments
- Photocopy patient medical records for outside facilities as requested
- Review all consent forms for accuracy, including HIPAA compliance documents
- Schedule Imaging studies, consultations, simulations and follow-up appointments as needed
- Coordinate and monitor Radiation Oncology appointments to ensure no overlapping
- Maintain and update monthly statistics
- Maintains files, records and logs as required
- Maintain and distribute office supplies
- Call patients to remind them of appointments
- Contact ‘no-show’ patients and reschedule appointments
- Document and print lab reports, radiology reports, etc.
- Work with department and referring physicians, their staff, patient/families, other health care team members and outside facilities to ensure patients are served appropriately
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with patient, family, team members, physicians and other staff
- Ensures strong communication verbally and in writing with other staff members and departments/teams
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to assigned responsibilities
- Maintains confidentially of all information related to physicians, patients, medical staff, finances and cost effective health care delivery issues.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School graduate or comparable education. On-The-Job Training will be provided. Minimum of one year’s experience as receptionist or other applicable secretarial/customer service experience.
Minimum 2 years demonstrated knowledge/background in patient registration, admitting, third party payor and/or scheduling preferred. Type 35-40 wpm. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent interaction with staff, clients, patients and the general public.
Indeed - 13 months ago