Akustica is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bosch Group and a top supplier of silicon microphone products that are improving voice-input quality in a host of voice-enabled applications, from mobile handsets, tablets and headsets to Internet telephony on notebooks and PC camera modules.
The company offers worldwide customer support services, from design-in services to post-production quality assurance. Akustica is a global organization with corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA; regional offices in Taiwan and Shanghai; and a worldwide team of distributors. |
The Senior Applications Engineer Manager (AE) is responsible for managing the team responsible for designing demo systems, reference platforms, tools, and technical support for field engineers and customers directly. The AE will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure the project's success. The AE will effectively manage technical details, timelines, and milestones on a customer by customer basis. 25% global travel required in support of customer activities.
In addition, the AE will work closely and cohesively with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering staff to ensure efficient and timely project deliverables to customers; track project resources, schedules, and issues; proactively work with customer development and manufacturing teams to ensure projects adhere to schedules and resolve issues; demonstrate an ability to execute projects in a timely manner, with attention to detail and follow-through. Manage and lead a cross functional team of skilled Electrical, Audio, and Field Application Engineers.
- Support customer pre-sales activities and design cycle activities, troubleshoot customer system design issues and provide solutions.
- Assist design engineering in verification testing and issue resolution.
- Quickly identify problems and implement solutions to minimize program impact.
- B.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Audio-related), Masters desired.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience with experience in product development or technical sales. (10+ years preferred)
- 4+ years of cross-functional team management experience.
- Experience with mobile and/or portable consumer electronics devices.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, with the ability to work in and foster a teamwork environment, and promote cross-functional teamwork.
- Familiarity with schematic capture, PCB layout techniques and component selection for low cost, high-volume applications is required; Strong analog and mixed-signal debugging skills are required.
Robert Bosch LLC is your one-stop shop for German-engineered auto parts, appliances, and power tools. The North American subsidiary of...