Manager / Associate Director, Trade Relations
The Manager/Associate Director of Trade Relations will assume daily responsibility for assigned accounts to address contracting, product fulfillment and product related matters. The individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of the customer’s business from tracking the supply chain, contract compliance and communicating fulfillment performance to relevant stakeholders. The individual will report into the Director of Trade and Corporate Accounts, and work closely with Field Managed Care, Field Sales, and Pharmaceutical Operations.
- Manage implementation of distribution and services contracting with assigned customers to achieve maximum market penetration of Alkermes products, contract compliance and timely product fulfillment. Classes of trade
include distributors, specialty pharmacies and other emerging accounts.
- Develop relationships with new specialty pharmacies to understand capabilities. Build awareness of Alkermes products and fulfillment requirements with assigned customers. Maintain understanding of specialty pharmacy fulfillment processes and pharmacy contractual relationships with payers.
- Analyze specialty pharmacy fulfillment performance and reroutes for specific payers. Recommend pharmacies that can provide the highest fulfillment performance for specific payers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required. Master’s degree or MBA a plus.
- 10+ year of pharmaceutical experience.
- 3 to 5 years of contracting, sales, and distribution & supply chain management experience in a pharmaceutical / biotech company.
- Strong customer relationship, analytical, strategic and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Understanding of the current healthcare landscape, compliant manufacturer practices surrounding promotion, product distribution, and product fulfillment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage 50% domestic travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.