Aster Data(a fully owned subsidiary of Teradata) is a proven leader in big data management and big data analysis for data-driven applications. Aster Data's nCluster is the first MPP data warehouse architecture that allows applications to be fully embedded within the database engine to enable ultra-fast, deep analysis of massive data sets.
Aster Data's unique "applications-within™" approach allows application logic to exist and execute with the data itself. Termed a "Massively Parallel Data-Application Server," Aster Data's solution effectively uses Aster's patent-pending SQL-MapReduce with parallelized data processing and applications to address the big data challenge.
If you are seeking a startup environment where you can make a huge impact yet require the stability of a well-established and financially stable company, then this is the opportunity for you. Our small teams allow you the opportunity to be visible as an independent contributor yet give you the ability to move into more senior roles including technical leadership and management more readily.
About the job
The platform engineering team is responsible for the software stack for managing and monitoring the nCluster system. We also identify and
tune new reference architectures for the nCluster.
- Own and enhance engineering's internal virtual machine development and QA infrastructure.
- Develop visibility and analysis features on internal test and performance data.
- Build automation tools and frameworks for performance characterization.
- Collaborate with all engineering teams to identify new infrastructure requirements.
About Aster Data (www.asterdata.com)
- BS or MS in CS.
- Expertise of Python or similar scripting language. C++ experience a definite plus.
- 3+ years in system automation and/or system management software development.
- 3+ years of application development on Linux.
- Strong experience managing a commercial flavour of Linux - RHEL or Ubuntu preferred.
- Experience in distributed systems programming or kernel programming a definite plus.
- Experience with virtualized enviroments (e.g. Amazon EC2, VMware) a definite plus.
Americas-United States-California-San Carlos
Aster Data Engineering
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...