Medical Dosimetrist- Cert
Requisition #: 74925
Status: Part-Time with Part-Time Benefits (20-35.99 Hours)
Business Unit: HF Medical Group
Department: RADIATION ONCOLOGY - PROFESSIO
Job Family: Radiology and Oncology
Job Function: Allied
Campus/Job Location Henry Ford Hospital Detroit Campus
Location (State/City): US-MI-Detroit
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
The medical dosimetrist is a member of the radiation oncology team who has knowledge of the overall characteristics and clinical relevance of radiation oncology treatment machines and equipment, is cognizant of procedures commonly used in brachytherapy and has the education and expertise necessary to generate radiation dose distributions and dose calculations in collaboration with the medical physicist and radiation oncologist.
- Minimum Qualifications 1. The employee is a graduate of a formally organized hospital or college affiliated medical dosimetry program with clinical and classroom curriculum, and other training and/or experience as a medical dosimetrist so that the total duration of study, training and experience is at least 18 months, OR 2 years.
- The employee possesses a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree with a major in the physical or biological sciences, or is a registered radiation therapy technologist. Together with either of these credentials, the applicant also demonstrates completion of two or more years on-the-job training and work experience in medical dosimetry under the supervision of a Certified Medical Dosimetrist or Medical Physicist, OR3.
- The employee possesses an Associate of Science, a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree in a field other than those of the physical or biological sciences. Together with this degree, the applicant also demonstrates completion of on-the-job training in medical dosimetry under the supervision of a Certified Medical Dosimetrist or Medical Physicist and has a subsequent period of supervised work experience in medical dosimetry of a minimum of four years
- CMD Certification
- 2 years of dosimetry experience
- 1 year experience with Eclipse and ARIA
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight, height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 13 months ago
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...