Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Join Cargill's ETM I/T Team and help support the aggressive growth strategy of the ETM platform.
The ETM Platform includes the following businesses: Thermal Energy Supply Chain, Transport Fuel Supply Chain, Petro Chemicals Supply Chain, Metals and Ocean Transportation.
ETM IT is a shared service providing IT services to the ETM functions and businesses.
This position leads the Global ETM IT Core Applications and Support Teams.
It is accountable for the management and delivery of application projects and for the ongoing support of the ETM core applications portfolio.
The businesses in scope are the Thermal Energy Supply Chain, Transport Fuel Supply Chain and Petro Chemicals Supply Chain businesses.
This position also has responsibility for the Trade Floor Support team and Infrastructure needs of the entire ETM platform.
The position requires a strong leader who can partner effectively with all levels of the ETM Functions, Business Units, Tartan/IT and external parties to enable aggressive business growth objectives and will be a member of the ETM IT Leadership team reporting into the Platform IT Lead position.
40% Leadership and Management
35% Select, develop, engage and retain a high performing team
- Lead Global ETM IT Core Applications and Support Teams (40-50 employees and contractors).
- Develop and manage the Core Applications and Support investments, budgets and actuals.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external IT service providers, manage the service levels.
- Ensure compliance with Cargill IT processes and initiatives.
- Regularly communicate with all key stakeholders (e.g. platform, project sponsors, function, team members).
- Establish and maintain infrastructure roadmap that supports business processes and strategy.
- Find the right balance between connecting and standardizing with the wider IT Function and being agile, responsive and entrepreneurial enough to satisfy the business imperative for speed.
Solution Delivery, Service Delivery and Support
- Provide resource management leadership to ensure team is agile and focused on the right priorities and completion of work.
- Direct the effective development of individuals, teams and organizational capability to achieve results.
- Define, document, maintain and communicate clear and unambiguous roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure all HR processes are followed for team members, working with HR as needed.
- Champion employee engagement within team.
- Deliver timely and effective performance feedback.
- Proactively coach employees in career/performance development.
- Execute employee management processes (including staffing decisions, coaching, development plans, performance evaluations).
- Establish and lead a culture of engagement in which team members develop and apply their talents while enabling work/life choice.
- Support, encourage and facilitate collaboration and communication between teams.
- Demonstrate and reinforce Cargill’s Guiding Principles and Cargill Leadership Model attributes.
to ensure that the resources required for project success are defined, developed, acquired, confirmed as needed.
- Lead the execution of a large portfolio of projects and global adoption of major systems (e.g. TriplePoint CXL).
- Ensure delivery of projects are on time, on budget and with planned benefits captured.
- For opportunities or projects help confirm the opportunity with high level estimates of the effort required in the IT areas to implement the opportunity or project and help confirm the business case.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders
20% -Business Partnership
- Work closely with all the stakeholders to maximize the value of investments in the data and technology areas.
- Champion the adoption and optimization of new applications and data standards.
- Work with application owners to ensure that applications are managed appropriately throughout their lifecycles.
- Develop and execute continuous improvement plans.
- Collaborate with Service Owners to develop and use KPI’s, metrics and scorecard measurements to drive continuous improvement process and operational leadership.
- Create, maintain and implement Statements of Work (SOWs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal and external suppliers.
5%Other responsibilities as required
- Develop a deep understanding of the ETM businesses and their IT needs.
- Continuously improve connection between IT and business, work with and through ETM Process, Data, Technology Leads.
- Lead IT Sub PRT governance teams and participate in other governance teams as needed to regularly prirotize portfolio of projects.
- Prepare and lead the establishment of end to end service levels mutually agreed and committed to in line with business investment choices made.
- Lead regular joint business and IT communications about the choices made to broader ETM to ensure alignment of decisions and commitments made with broader expectations.
- Apply deep knowledge of IT capabilities to work closely with all the ETM businesses to ensure the delivery of effective timely solutions and continuously improved processes and performance.
- Create, develop, implement global, platform wide IT strategies within the scope of this role to enable business strategies.
- Coordinate with Tartan/IT resources to monitor project and service performance, capture existing status of budget/delivery, facilitate the planning and execution of changes.
- Ensure that necessary governance and control processes are implemented and maintained to help prioritize investments for these applications.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Management and coordination of a global team
- 20% travel, including extended stay international travel
- Proven track record of successfully leading in similar roles
- 7+ years relevant business or IT leadership experience in solution and service delivery roles
- 5+ years experience successfully leading teams to high performance including developing, coaching and motivating employees
- Successfully leading significantly large multi year projects, capturing planned benefits and delivering on-time and on-budget
- Successfully leading globally distributed teams with demonstrated measures of service levels agreed delivered
- Successfully managing a significant functional budget with demonstrated measures of returns on investments made
- Knowledge and experience in the energy and financial trading environments.
- Successfully managing IT programs being implemented/rolled-out over a large number of locations.
- Proven track record of translating business requirements into process, data and technological models and specifications
- Proven track record of anticipating emerging issues, problem solving and implementing new solutions, including improving efficiency, quality, cost and productivity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization, including the ability to communicate technical and business information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven and demonstrated conflict management, influencing, negotiation and consulting skills
- Ability to manage ambiguous situations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a service environment.
- Ability to translate business requirements into process, data and technological models and specifications
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold internal controls
- Demonstrated strong business partnering in the development of an I/T roadmap
- International perspective and ability to operate effectively across cultures
Cargill - 19 months ago
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...