The incumbent will be responsible for developing and launching new products and product enhancements, as well as ongoing product management of existing products. The Product Manager will provide planning, project management, and product management functions required to maintain and grow revenue, market share, and profit margin. The incumbent will provide product knowledge and expertise, manage product ARPU and profitability, manage product communications to the company, negotiate pricing, and act independently in decisions that will drive product success in a highly competitive marketplace. The Product Manager will be a lead contact for vendors, customers, and employees in the evaluation of new offerings, and in the management of existing offerings; and, will be responsible for identifying company impacts as well as assist in developing financial models to validate profitability. The Product Manager also provides input for the development of revenue projections for new and existing service offerings in support of capital requirements for budget cycles. Excellent leadership, project management, and product management skills are a must, to allow infusion of new products into Lumos Networks’ portfolio and ensure the ongoing success of products throughout the product life cycle. In addition, the ability to influence others and strong presentation skills are required in this position. Must have knowledge and experience in multiple functions (e.g. Network, Product, Pricing, Regulatory, Sales Support, Billing, etc.) to support development, launch, and ongoing management of complex products.
1. Bachelor of Science in Business / Marketing / Product Management or equivalent industry experience
2. Three (3) years Marketing/Planning/Product Management experience Telecommunications or related field
3. Detailed knowledge and proven experience in Product Management and Project Management
4. General knowledge of business plan development, financial modeling and analysis, revenue forcasting, and overall understanding of business practices and the impact of products on other functional areas of a business
5. Excellent administrative, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
6. Excellent leadership and analytical skills
7. Ability to multi-task and influence change
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Lumos Networks is a fiber-based service provider in the Mid-Atlantic region. We provide leading-edge data, broadband, voice and IP services...