Bachelor's degree or substitute years of job experience. 5-7 years Large enterprise experience, (5000+ users), global environment
• Experience in the implementation of automation in system and network management environments, with heavy automation analytical skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of RedHat Enterprise Linux and/or CentOS.
• Strong ability in shell scripting and other scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby).
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks. Proficiency in standard office productivity tools for documentation.
• Strong interpersonal skills in interactions with a wide variety of technical and non-technical colleagues.
• Exceptional dependability and integrity in all client and colleague interactions.
• Willingness to occasionally work “out of band” in larger projects including other members of the Research IS team, research staff, and hospital Information Services personnel.
• Ability to work at multiple installation sites with some off-hours work required. Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and work in a data center environment for extended periods.
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 4 years’ experience in Linux – Redhat/CentOS
• Experience with specific Linux High Performance Cluster tools: Bright Computing, Univa, Rocks, Sun Grid Engine, PBS/Torque/Maui, Ganglia, Puppet
• Experience with Linux network-based installation using Kickstart.
• Experience with Linux installation and packaging tools, especially RPM.
• Experience with information security concepts as applied to Linux and Unix operating systems and services.
• Experience with compiled languages (C, C++, Fortran90) in open source (gcc) or proprietary (Portland Group, Intel) development environments.
• Experience integrating Linux systems in an Active Directory environment.
• Experience with configuration and tuning of Linux-based web technologies.
• Experience integrating Linux systems with Fibre Channel storage area networks.
• Experience configuring Linux systems for backup and archiving with enterprise-grade systems, especially EMC NetWorker and Avamar.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care/work with human subjects in clinical trials are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
The Research Institute of the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is seeking a Linux Engineer / Administrator. The successful candidate will join a research systems team providing end-to-end engineering and production support of a broad portfolio of world-class biomedical research computing. This position is focused on the Linux and Unix systems deployed by Research Information Systems, as well as similar systems dedicated to specific research labs and centers. In consultation with research clients, the Linux Engineer / Administrator will propose, develop and deliver Linux-based systems to achieve research goals. Once systems are deployed in production environments, the Linux Engineer / Administrator will provide ongoing support to research staff and will maintain the systems in compliance with established standards for security and functionality. This position requires close coordination with research administration, project management staff, and the other systems team members to integrate Linux-based systems into the larger operational objectives of the Research Institute. All applicants are expected to embrace diversity in the workplace, and to conduct themselves with dignity in all interactions with colleagues, clients, hospital staff, patients and their families.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...