IT Investment Portfolio Reporting Analyst-INF0002862
Develop and maintain IT Investment Portfolio execution monitoring processes
- Performs in-depth analysis on IT Investment Portfolio to ensure planned projects and subsequent execution meet GMIT mandates
- Facilitates communication of information to GMIT leadership regarding the status, progress and health of the Portfolio planning and execution
- Facilitates timely communication with solutions development teams, executive sponsors, planners and other stakeholders in order to resolve issues
- Providing general support and coordination for the training and use of Portfolio and Project Management tools, including enterprise portfolio / project management system (PPM) and associated collaboration tool (SharePoint) and reporting tools such as Tableau and Business Objects
- Collaborates with the planner community to develop and instill best practices
- Analyzes user problems and operations in order to develop functional requirements for proposed business process changes, as well as PPM system configuration changes
Track execution of IT initiatives versus the IT investment portfolio plan
- Work with individual IT teams to understand spend commitment of IT portfolio (AR, PO, completed, etc.)
- Work with Enterprise Services Delivery team to ensure projects and deliverables are entered in the portfolio management system and being actively managed
- Work with IT Finance to understand actual project spend compared to plan
- Work with individual IT teams to track completion of deliverables and achievement of planning assumption targets (benefits, application reductions, etc.)
- Prepare detailed reports for stakeholders to understand and take action on Portfolio issues
Handle a variety of special assignments as needed to support Enterprise Strategy and Planning
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field (advanced degree preferred)
- High level of analytical ability
- Ability to gather and interpret complex quantitative or qualitative data
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access) and SharePoint
- Knowledge of business process reengineering methods, tools, and techniques
- Knowledge of information technology and its application to business processes and applications
- Knowledge of systems development life cycles used to plan, develop, implement, operate, and maintain information systems
- Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/assignments and ensure on-time delivery
- Ability to establish course of action to accomplish complex tasks
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Informs management of project status and related issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Why General Motors?
When you join one of the largest employers in the world, you can expect benefits on a similar scale. As a GM salaried employee, you will be able to choose from a variety of medical plans, including a comprehensive dental plan. GM investment options include Savings-Stock Purchase Program 401(k), Personal Retirement Income Plan and financial planning.
We also provide life insurance and disability benefits to our employees. GM has approximately 16 paid holidays annually, plus vacation time ranging from 2 weeks for employees with one to fewer than two years of service, increasing up to 5 weeks for longer service employees. GM employees and their immediate family members are also able to purchase GM vehicles at a significant product discount.
All this makes GM the perfect place to get your career moving.
Primary Location: US-MI-Detroit
Posting Date : Jan 22, 2013, 10:32:08 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...