Tutors with Computers, LLC is an educational technology and services company that serves low-income and at-risk students. By providing these students with the opportunity to expand their vocabulary and develop reading comprehension skills, Tutors with Computers helps to secure them a brighter future. We have been named one of the fastest growing education companies and are seeking only the best candidates to represent our vision in creating a world above grade level. We are a Supplemental Educational Service (SES) provider supported by the "No Child Left Behind Act", offering virtual tutoring to students attending Title 1 schools.
Tutors with Computers is currently in search of a temporary Student Support Specialist to serve as a positive role model to students. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to meet with parents of eligible students to educate them of the SES opportunities and encourage them to enroll in our program. You will also utilize the parents and students to generate leads of other possibly interested parties. This position is expected to last 4-8 weeks; however there will be opportunities for part-time positions at the end of the enrollment period. Additional duties for this part-time position will include distributing learning tools to the student's based on their progress within the tutoring plan and visiting with them to provide encouragement, technical assistance and the motivation they need to succeed. This position does involve going door-to-door, however it is not a sales position or commission based. The most exciting part of the Tutors with Computers program is that it is provided at no cost to the student or parent!
Pay for Temporary Student Support Specialists: Guaranteed $14.00/hour plus bonus potential
**Part-time positions are paid at a lower standard rate after the 4-8 week temporary position period
Required Skills and Experience:
- Have a sincere desire to make a difference in your community.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information in accordance with the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act.
- Comply with the ethics standards to which all SES providers are held.
- Use a cell phone in voice and text mode.
If you think you have the integrity and passion it takes to help students achieve academic excellence, please apply online at www.tutorswithcomputers.com today!
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- You will be required to drive for this position and must have your own vehicle.
- Clean motor vehicle & criminal record.
- Valid Driver’s License in the state you live.
- Current automobile insurance.
- Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends at least 20 hours a week, but will have the opportunity to work 35+
- Possess sensitivity to social, economic and cultural diversity.
Tutors with Computers is an AA EOE employer.