Job ID: 20132304-7180
Scottrade, Inc. has a Senior Portfolio Analyst position available in Saint Louis, MO. The main purpose of this position is to provide leadership in support of Technology Process Governance, project reporting, and financial reporting required to manage the Information Technology Project Portfolio.
* Work in an investment portfolio group environment with three primary functions. Position incumbents may need to specialize in one of these areas or cross-train to support multiple functions. The three primary functions include:
* o Participate and contribute to the definition, training, and on-going support of the Technology Process Governance team:
* Research process improvement initiatives and provide recommendations for continuous improvements. Implement solutions/processes to improve enterprise efficiencies in support of the IT Strategic objectives for speed and flexibility of project delivery.
* Contribute to the creation and refinement of auditable processes to support on-going reporting and analytical requirements, working with Executive Management to define metrics in support of the processes.
* Evaluate, research, and document processes that impact delivery of projects through the project lifecycles. This includes meeting with stakeholders, evaluating the current and future states, providing recommendations for continuous improvement, communicating changes and possible training needs. Coordinate updates to templates with the documentation department.
* Exercise analytical skills to contribute to the Technology Investment Portfolio reporting team including:
* Monitor planned and actual capacity within active projects as well as to drive forward looking resource forecasts of capacity and demand.
* Track execution of IT initiatives versus the technology investment portfolio plan by working with individual IT teams to understand the spend commitment of the Technology Portfolio.
* Work with Finance to understand actual project spend compared to planned.
* Work with the Finance department to define, track, and report Technology Software Capitalization.
* Analyze Work Requests for validation of projected costs against the Technology investment portfolio and monitor projects to ensure realized business value.
* Maintain and develop the Project Portfolio Tool to meet the ongoing project management, resource forecasting, and time reporting needs of IT. This includes entering projects and resource forecasts into the PM Tools, serving as the primary contact for end user and training in support of the PM Tool and serving as the project manager for PM Tool upgrades.
* Provide general support and coordination for the training and use of Portfolio and Project Management tools.
* Model what-if scenarios of changes in the enterprise portfolio in support of long-term capacity planning, maintaining forecasting models and templates for shared resources. Identify gaps in the capacity versus demand and escalate risks to the long-term capacity planning.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Exceptional organizational skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication; ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Agile practices including but not limited to iteration planning, use case development, daily scrums, code refactoring, retrospectives and burndown tracking.
* Ability to gather, interpret, and present complex quantitative or qualitative data to Senior Management.
* Strong mathematical aptitude including data evaluation, trend analysis and interpretation.
* Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues.
* Familiarity with Project Accounting Systems.
* Knowledge of all facets of project management processes and IT methodologies.
* Expert knowledge of project management tools such as MS Project, VPMi, Clarity, etc.
* High level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and Powerpoint.
* Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Experience with the Financial Management of a Portfolio, Program, and/or Projects.
* 3+ years experience using reporting and analytical tools required.
* 5+ years experience managing or supporting project/portfolio management tools required.
* 7+ years experience participating on project teams required.
* 7+ years experience in systems analysis, process improvement, and/or resource planning required.
* 7+ years experience with software development projects preferred.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.
Languages English – Spoken, English – Written
Location MO - St Louis
Scottrade - 15 months ago