This position will be located at the TMC (Texas Medical Center) campus.
Performs advanced and diversified secretarial and administrative duties. May supervise or lead the work of secretaries and/or other clerical office support personnel.
Maintains calendar of supervisor by scheduling committee meeting and appointments involving university administrators, faculty staff and outside administrators.
Screens incoming calls/mail and, as appropriate, provides requested information, takes messages, or redirects inquiries to the appropriate staff member or office.
Composes correspondence for supervisor’s signature from both written and oral instructions; types and edits correspondence into final form; proofreads and makes corrections as necessary.
Coordinates travel arrangements by making necessary reservations for transportation and hotel accommodations; prepares all related travel documents.
May monitor and maintain monthly expenses for the office; reconciles expenses charged to each account.
Coordinates the office’s filing system, ordering of supplies and work assignments of office clerical personnel.
Takes minutes at meetings and transcribes same.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information
- Experience with PeopleSoft, preferred.
- Knowledge of state guidelines and practices relating to P-Card, T-Card, and travel, preferred.
- Experience with MS Office and Sharepoint.
- Candidate must be able to comprehend the various programs within the college and be able to provide direction and response to all inquiries.
- The ability to work independently once direction is provided.
- Professional demeanor with a pleasant and engaging attitude is essential.
- Must be able to multitask with the ability to effectively prioritize needs and tasks accordingly.
Security Sensitive Position
Job Open Date
Minimum Posting Date
Expected Closing Date On or Before
Open Until Filled
University of Houston - 13 months ago