Job ID: 2226209
Job Title: System Administrator
Location: San Mateo, CA
Duration: 6 -Month(s)
Job Type: CTH
Roles and Responsibilities:
Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex system problems
- Installs and maintains the operating system and related software products.
- Develops and implements operational management process and procedures.
- Provides management of infrastructure and applications changes.
- Maintains accurate documentation and quality control.
- Edits computer based documentation and trouble ticket systems to document equipment configurations, track changes and problems, and compiles performance data.
- Works with alert monitoring tools such as BMC Patrol
- Works with systems management and software distribution tools.
- Works with security management systems, and backup/restore systems.
- Performs user assistance, training and information sharing.
- Provides periodic reports to users and managers of systems status.
- Provides action plan for resolution of any/all faults detected.
- Performs isolation testing of problem equipment and or software.
- Performs performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Provides documentation of all solutions to problems.
- Provides and implements escalation process and or procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline and 10 years work experience.
- 5 years of experience in Systems Administration of SuSE Linux systems in a large scale production environment.
- Experience with VMware virtualization products including but not limited to ESX, vSphere, and vMotion.
- Thorough knowledge of good server and system administration principles.
- Detailed functional knowledge of disk management tools such as LVM2, Veritas Volume Manager and Solaris Volume Manager.
- Functional knowledge of core protocols such as TCP/IP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, NFS and DNS.
- Working knowledge of clustering tools such as Veritas Cluster Server or Oracle CRS.
- Knowledge and experience with shell scripting (ksh, bourne, bash, csh, etc).
- Working knowledge of project management techniques to plan and execute projects.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation
- Experience supporting Solaris, SLES, or RedHat systems (but mostly SLES)
- Experience supporting SuSE Linux running under z/VM on System Z hardware.
- Experience supporting systems running Oracle RDBMS and WebSphere.
- Experience configuring and supporting Control-M.
- Experience configuring and supporting MQSeries.
- Experience with SAN and NAS technologies.
- Experience with troubleshooting Linux Boot processes.
- Experience supporting Sun Microsystems hardware.
- Experience supporting HP DL series hardware.
- Familiarity with Perl or other high level scripting languages.
DatamanUSA, LLC - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard