Talascend is seeking a Building/Plant Maintenance Supervisor for a contract to possible direct hire opportunity in San Jose, CA (California)
Skilled Maintenance professional, proficient in two or more complex technical systems (e.g. HVAC, electrical, plumbing, electronics, refrigeration, and service functions. Assist with complex diagnostics, repairs, and/or modifications. Supervise plans, coordinates and directs work by others. Takes ownership of responsibilities, duties and evaluates performance of entire team. Works with planner on team work load commitments. Balances and redirects resources as required to ensure optimum performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following :
· Interfaces with Company/Client management, engineering, technical and none technical staff to ensure overall performance and expectations are met. Present formal/informal presentations to management team. Is accountable for results and demonstration of significant creative, innovative, problem solving abilities resulting in substantial contribution. Recognized as a resource across organization. Uses and understands software currently in place and other personal computer (PC) systems for work load planning and tracking.
· Excellent communication skills, uses tact and professionalism, exchanges knowledge, information and ideas with others inside and outside immediate organization. Has significant influence on team results and goals.
· Uses advanced technical knowledge, software tools, techniques and procedures to identify, understand and resolve multiple complex technical problems.
· Demonstrates leadership by providing technical direction, training and assistance to others, requires no direct supervision, performs assignments independently. Responsible for developing and implementing standard trade practices and procedures coexistent with adequate safety precautions to produce quality workmanship and service. Take a leadership role in giving assistance and technical direction to other repair personnel on very complex major repairs or modifications. Provide on the job training and other formal training to other within areas of specialization. Provide data and reports as required, including formal studies and evaluations, planning work, preparing schematics and other various administrative functions such as status reports, equipment evaluations, or scope’s of work for outside contractors.
· May act as coordinator on complex jobs utilizing outside contractors. Coordination duties including tracking costs, work performance, compliance to scopes of work, procedures, estimating processes and scheduling.
· May be required to perform other duties as assigned and subject to emergency calls, rotating shifts and weekend work.
· Must be able to use a wide variety of standard tools and other related equipment, including sophisticated diagnostic and test equipment when required.
· Must work safely keeping abreast of and adhering to all established safety procedures, providing recommendations.
· Retains technical competency by pursuing formal or informal training in primary areas of knowledge. Expands abilities by pursuing skills and knowledge in other areas.
· Works overtime (both scheduled and emergency), after-hours (early morning or late night), weekends and Holidays as required. Shift schedule will be adjusted as necessary by Management throughout the year in order to provide the best possible coverage and operation.
· Complies with environmental and recycling programs.
· Complies with all Company Corporation safety requirements and programs.
· Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for nine technicians
Requires a specialized knowledge and experience with five or more years of on the job experience; trade school or military training desired. Proficient in multiple technical fields a plus. Able to read and work from building layouts, manufacturers equipment specifications, and is proficient using standard and specialized maintenance practices and structured procedures.
Education & Experience
· High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree
· Minimum of five years in a supervisory role
· Good interpersonal skills with a high level of customer service awareness and skills.
· Good verbal and written communications.
· Ability to understand and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
· Ability to interact with peers.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the
qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may
be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer E/O/E.
Since 1946 Talascend has served as a strategic staffing solutions partner to industry-leading firms in the Oil & Gas, Automotive,...