- Provides support for complex technical and administrative management activities related to system administration.
- Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Oversees appropriate level software installations, upgrades and related software packages.
- Collects/Reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes.
- Coordinates with management in implementing changes.
- Supports the design and configuration of complex system landscapes.
- Supports data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level data refresh strategies.
- Oversees, recommends, and implements appropriate level solutions/enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
Required Skills & Yrs of experience Server Support: 5+ years of system administration experience. Red Hat Linux OS experience including performance tuning of complex technical environments and associated maintenance.
Provide review and input into the design of new technical features and architectural changes.
- Server Support: Strong knowledge of Unix Shell, Perl and Apache including the ability to advise and support our development team as required.
- Experience in Vmware Cluster.
- Experience with Oracle database installation
- Web and application server experience
- LDAP Experience
Add/Delete/Modify user accounts and UNIX file/directory permissions.
Troubleshooting operating system issues ( Linux) and system hardware
OS installations and configuration on new servers
Experience with administration and monitoring of Oracle databases, including clustering.
Administration of operating systems (Linux)
Familiarity with development environments and software development process in general