Brown and Caldwell, a nationwide water and environmental engineering firm, has an opportunity for an Area Marketing Manager based in our Portland office. We are looking for an individual who thrives in dynamic work environments, and whose enthusiasm, creativity, organization, and winning attitude contribute to the success of high performance capture teams. The Area Marketing Manager partners with the Area Leader and Regional Marketing Manager in the development of a marketing program and generation of new business opportunities that ensures maximum exposure to new business prospects. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing professional consulting office. We are actively seeking a self-motivated and creative professional with proven communication and task management skills.
Contribute to competitive strategy development, participate in pursuit-oriented client contact when appropriate, and track and report results to management.
- Lead capture teams in pursuit planning, issues identification and win themes, and the creation of persuasive proposals, presentations, and marketing materials.
- Organize and coordinate the development of professional, well-planned and creative business solutions in response to client Requests for Proposals and Requests for Qualifications.
- Support client development efforts working closely with Client Service Managers, office and area leaders, and marketing staff.
- Maintain marketing information systems, including client and opportunity tracking systems, project descriptions, and resumes.
- Mentor and train others in the firm on the appropriate use of available sales and marketing tools, techniques, and systems.
- Manage and supervise local area marketing staff.
- Contribute to company marketing process improvements. Implement company branding initiatives that are already in place.
Leader; self starter; highly organized; great attention to detail; effective communicator; good listening skills; versatile and resourceful; innovative in approaches to communicating complex information; able to prioritize and manage deadlines simultaneously; excellent facilitator and leader with ability to work with large and diverse teams; ability to work with highly technical information.
Critical Traits/Skill Sets
- At least 8 years of marketing experience in the engineering, construction, or architecture industry
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or demonstrated equivalent (preference for degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or Marketing)
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experienced in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
- Ability to conceptualize and write narratives as well as direct graphic designers for proposals, presentations, and marketing literature
- Solid understanding of proposal production processes. Ability to troubleshoot.
- A successful proposal/interview manager—experience overseeing, coordinating, and performing all aspects of production including strategy and messaging, managing resources and process, graphics, production, and technical teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with emphasis on superior persuasive writing, presentation, and interviewing ability.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently as well as in team environments, often under tight deadline situations
- Ability to travel (estimated 10 percent)
Leader; effective manager; coach; responsive; detail-oriented; self-driven; effective communicator/persuasive writer; resourceful
Brown and Caldwell - 2 years ago
For more than 60 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry....