Summary: Supervises all staff in the Buffet, Cafe, Vineyard, The Cove and Duet. Ensures food quality, guest service, scheduling, labor cost and revenue goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews and researches all department financial reports, including reviewing the monthly profit and loss statements, and prepares the P&L variance report
• Consistently emphasizes staff training to increase guest service standards
• Provides continual evaluation of processes and procedures and provides methods to improve efficiency and service
• Formulates training outlines as needed for job standards to ensure all employees understand and have the skills to provide quality internal and external guest service
• Emphasizes developing and training program for management staff
• Ensures management staff follows all company policies and procedures
• Ensures management staff follows guidelines as dictated by Steelworkers contract agreement
• Ensures employee schedules are appropriate for the business volume
• Ensures that the restaurants are clean, organized and properly functioning and that restaurant equipment is maintained
• Ensures health, safety and sanitation standards are followed at all times
• Works with designated Food management to develop product specifications, cost analysis, and performs cuttings, yield tests, etc. as may be required.
• Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food in order to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
• Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation serving. As well inspects to ensure products are properly rotated using FIFO practices.
• Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety.
• Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance in dining and drinking facilities.
• Ensures correct recipe costs are maintained and accurately flow to the Infogeneses point of sale system.
• Formulates accurate reporting and evaluation methods using logs, written reports, and/or warehouse staff of menu specifications, cost analysis, receiving methods, and production practices to ensure products are being effectively utilized.
• Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services such as waste removal and pest control.
• Establish pars for food, paper goods, wines, and other related items in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
• Provide outstanding guest service to all internal and external guests.
Job Specifications – Qualifications
• At least 21
• Previous experience supervising Food staff
• Three to five years of food and beverage related experience or training in fine dining, high-volume food and beverage and casino beverage service required
• Excellent written, verbal and group presentation communication skills
• Effective leadership techniques, program/system planning, decision making, staff development, statistical reporting/analysis and cost-benefit analysis skills
• Excellent computer skills (experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Knowledge of kitchen equipment and sanitation guidelines
• Strong leadership abilities
• Must be able to obtain and maintain all cards required by the company.
• Must be able to verify right to work in the U.S.
Working Conditions – Physical Requirements
• Walking, continuously standing and working indoors (more than 75% of the time)
• Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, bending, kneeling and using chemical agents (about 50% of the time)
• Working outdoors and wearing protective equipment (less than 25% of the time)
• Hearing, vision, speech and literacy (critical)
• Ability to work in noisy environments and hot or cold temperatures
Required Work Cards
American Casino & Entertainment Properties - 16 months ago