As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
1. Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design.
2. Advanced knowledge of Cisco routers, Cisco ACE Appliance, Cisco Nexus switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
3. Advanced knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
4. Advance knowledge of Cisco and Juniper firewalls.
5. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
6. Experience with network performance management and capacity planning.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...