Polaris Industries Inc. is looking for an HR Intern to join the Vermillion Distribution team. Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you are counted on to make significant contributions? Do you thrive on new challenges and want to be part of an HR team that is empowered to make a difference in the organization? If so, then this is the job for you!
The ideal candidate would be able to work part-time (15-20 hrs/wk) throughout the school year & potentially summer. Possible work schedule: Mon. (8:30 – Noon), Wed. or Thurs. (1:30 – 5:00), Fri. (8:30 – Noon). We can be flexible with school schedule.
Lead and participate in a variety of Human Resources projects including day-to-day support for the HR Generalist and employees at the distribution center. This position will interact with people from many departments and across all levels of the organization.
Benefits & Compensation
• Assist with company-wide healthcare and wellness initiatives at the Vermillion location including implementation, and communication phases.
• Oversee & lead Vermillion healthcare initiatives such as educational workshops, wellness programs, etc.
• Answer & assist employees with general questions & issue resolution.
• Partner with HR Generalist for open enrollment preparation and support.
• Assist HR Generalist by gathering compensation data for analysis in conjunction with the annual market pricing process
Staffing & Recruiting
• Assist the HR Generalist with managing staffing process & agencies to ensure monthly staffing needs are met.
• General administrative support & tasks related to staffing & recruiting such as scheduling interviews, new hire paperwork, rollover paperwork, orientation, etc.
General HR Administrative Support & Tasks
• Assist with general HR & administrative support such as DLE program, employee purchases, filing, submit changes of statuses, weekly & monthly reports, etc.
• Assist & support the random drug & alcohol testing process & eventually oversee the process.
• Oversee & assist with yearly records retention requirements.
• Develop & oversee employee recognition & fun activities.
• Other projects or responsibilities as required.
PERCENT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: 5% (minimal site visits may be necessary)
NOTE: The information included in this document is intended to describe the nature and level of work for this job. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• 4 year degree in HR or Business Related Field (either completed or in-progress)
• Master’s degree in Business or HR (either completed or in-progress)
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Prior HR experience prior is preferred, but not required.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of Microsoft office.
• Experience with an HRIS systems based software is preferred.
• General computer software aptitude
• Excellent administrative and organization skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Process documentation and improvement skills
• Strong communication skills
• Analytical and project management skills
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...