Located in downtown Brooklyn, N.Y., LIU Brooklyn offers nearly 160 associate, undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and certificate programs in one of New York City's most diverse and thriving urban communities. In addition to world-class faculty, a vibrant campus life and residence halls for more than 1,100 students, the campus is home to the $45-million Steinberg Wellness Center, which features an NCAA-regulation swimming pool, a 2,500-seat arena, state-of-the-art workout facilities and a rooftop track for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the local community. Graduates who earn their degrees from LIU Brooklyn have achieved great distinction in the fields of art and media, natural sciences, business, social policy, education, health care, and pharmacy science.
The Director manages the day-to-day activities of the Office of Student and Professional Affairs; works closely with the Pharmacy Academic Advisor, Coordinator of Pharmacy Student Counseling, and Admissions Coordinator; and reports to the Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Affairs.
Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Monitors and assures the quality of the advisement/Admissions provided by the academic advisors assigned to the office, and the Admissions Coordinator
- Makes recommendation to the assistant dean on individual student academic matters
- Provides high-level personal, career, and academic counseling to students
- Prepares reports on academic progress and retention of students
- Reviews applications for entrance into the professional phase of the program and make recommendations regarding the same to the Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Affairs
- Design reports, analyze data and write admissions/enrollment ad hoc reports as requested
- Coordinates the admissions interview process
- Gathers pharmacy licensure information from several states, identifies pertinent licensure issues and notifies students of the same
- Coordinates the recruitment and the outreach efforts as directed by the assistant dean
- Facilitates the scheduling of courses and examinations
- Acts as a liaison to other Campus offices
- Facilitates planning, organization and implementation of all admissions/enrollment related training for staff, faculty, preceptors, and other participants
- Completes other assignments as directed by the Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Affairs or the Associate Dean.
Salary is commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com
LIU is proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v. We are committed to seeking qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. We encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
HigherEdJobs - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -