The Merchandise Presentation Lead's primary responsibility is to assist the leadership team in overseeing the processing, placement and execution of merchandise according to brand standards and guidelines. Additional responsibilities include assisting in all aspects store operations including store opening and closing and performing LOD duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Merchandise Presentation/ Visual Merchandising:
- Works with the leadership team to guide and execute all merchandise presentation decisions, including new store flows, in‐season management and sale events.
- Partners with the leadership team to make product placement adjustments based on selling, inventory ownership and merchandising reports.
- Utilizes the seasonal Concept Book to create a compelling store experience and exciting visual presentation for our customers.
- Works with leadership team to adapt in‐store visual and window display presentations based on unique needs of the store while maintaining the integrity of the brand.
- Ensures the store is up to date on all current display strategies which relate to the brand.
- Ensures current marketing image and signage direction are implemented correctly.
- Ensures proper organization and maintenance of visual storage area.
Sales Generation / Customer Experience:
- Opens the store, supports and ensures execution of all shipment receiving and processing procedures to floor‐ready standards.
- Tracks productivity and ensures that team is meeting the Merchandise Handling Manual standards for all non‐sell tasks, including replenishment, markdowns, audits and transfers of damaged and defective merchandise.
- Ensures floor is replenished per company guidelines. Follows up on staff to ensure accuracy.
- Performs audit and transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, completes re‐tickets and charge sends according to Merchandise Handling Manual.
- Oversees and executes markdowns in a timely and accurate manner. Audits markdowns to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures all delivery information is recorded and accurately reported.
- Performs Leader‐on‐Duty responsibilities as needed Once the store has been opened, the MPL is able to remain in the store as the single LOD to cover breaks. When in the LOD role, the MPL must demonstrate leadership, customer focus and drive for results behaviors as defined by the LOD Performance Tool.
- Sets the example by role modeling great customer service; ensures that associates are upholding service standards
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, including the Field Employee Policy Guide and Code of Business Conduct.
- Enforces all Loss Prevention policies, and communicates violations to the Leadership team or the Code of Business Conduct Hotline.
- Reviews and responds to all email and corporate visual communication daily. Ensures all Store Portal tasks are completed
- Maintains all shipment‐related paperwork to meet audit requirements.
- Maintains company standards of neat, clean and organized stockroom, as provided in the Merchandise Handling Manual.
- Ensures stockroom and stockroom activities meet Risk Management requirements. Communicates employee accidents to the leadership team immediately.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Merchandise Presentation Manager or Supervisor. Interacts with all levels of field leadership including VMM, DM and RD. Collaborates effectively across all teams and Work Centers.
- Communicates daily goals and priorities to Non‐Sell Work Center Associates, Visual Specialists and Sales Support Associates.
- Trains, coaches and directs associates on merchandise handling, shipment processing, merchandise presentation and visual techniques as needed; communicates development feedback of others to the leadership team.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Minimum educational level:
- Creative ability and knowledge of visual presentation.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to delegate and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Six months Gap Inc. experience preferred.
- Retail visual display experience preferred.
- Visual Merchandising experience preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs regularly throughout the day.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and stairs.
- Ability to maneuver around the sales floor and stockroom.
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings to meet the needs of the business.
- May assist with multiple stores or travel to multiple locations, as business requires.
Store Sales, Stock and Visual