Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA license preferred. Five to eight years of progressive audit/accounting experience in public accounting or relevant management experience in healthcare industry. Large firm experience with a concentration in healthcare / health insurance including statutory accounting requirements or experience preparing statutory statements preferred. One to two years supervisory experience demonstrating ability to accomplish goals through others.
Primary Job Functions
• Responsible for building effective teams and providing direct supervision to Finance Department staff. Demonstrates and transfers technical and process knowledge to finance staff with a focus on continuous learning.
• Administers performance management for the work unit to achieve positive department and organization results with a focus on financial accuracy.
• Coordinates and manages the general ledger reporting and analysis, from the sources of data through the preparation of financial statements. Includes the verification and authentication of information received from the feeder systems, adjusting and reclassifying journal entries, the consolidation and publication of financial statements,.
• Oversees and reviews all quarterly and annual statutory statement filings, filed with the NM Department of Insurance.
• Coordinates and acts as the primary point of conduct for the quarterly reviews and annual audit by the external auditors. Involved heavily in verifying that all audit requests have been received by the external auditors
• Coordinates audits of financial statement information for the NM Department of Insurance. Responds to any additional inquiries made by the NM Department of Insurance throughout the year.
• Performs technical research regarding complex GAAP and Statutory accounting issues encountered by the Company.
• Coordinates the quarterly and annual tax provision and year-end tax returns. Compiles and gathers information necessary for external tax consultants to prepare all necessary tax entries and schedules.
• Oversees / reviews / and approves quarterly premium tax journal entries and tax filings with the NM Department of Insurance.
• Monitors inter-company balances and negotiate with PHS on an annual basis the agreement and amounts transferred between the two companies.
• Provides education / training /coaching for staff within the finance department.
• Reviews processes within the PHP Finance Department, identifying core process problems, flow charting processes and developing/executing process improvement initiatives in order to ensure compliance and successful outcomes to the internal/external reviews and audits.
• Understands, embraces and practices the continuous quality improvement principles
• Performs other functions as required.
We are new Mexico's only private, not-for-profit healthcare system. Presbyterian is owned by the communities it serves and reinvests in care...