Fidelity Investment Management Technology (FIMT) supports the core Fidelity Management and Research Company (FMR) business through the provision of technology platforms and services. The FIMT organization provides key technology skills in the development of software platforms for FMR advisors in the Research, Trading and Portfolio Management domains. The aim of the FIMT organization is to support the Asset Management business through timely and cost-effective delivery of quality and innovative software products and services. We will do this by hiring the best people, by thoroughly understanding business requirements, by applying the latest technology and by partnering with our colleagues in Ireland and India.
The High Income Team is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer that will assist the team in rebuilding the existing high income trading/portfolio management applications in .NET. The ideal candidate will have strong experience working in an agile enviornment, be able to help implement agile processes, and be familiar with agile automation tools such as Fitnesse. Experience with Order Management Systems (OMS) or other trading applications is highly preferred.
Work effectively as an embedded member of an agile development team.
Assist with expansion and direction of Agile Testing methodolgies.
Help drive adoption of Fitnesse as a test framework.
Work with business users to develop testable user stories that can be used by developers and for verification.
Perform root-cause analysis of issues found in software.
Develop and maintain testing tools.
Continually improve the testing and development processes.
Create test plans and corresponding test cases to ensure thorough testing of business requirements in a fast-paced agile environment.
Test case execution, defect documentation and tracking, and regression through all system tiers.
Proactively communicate with developers and business analysts to resolve issues or questions pertaining to test creation or execution
Demonstrate strong interpersonal, relationship building/relationship management and facilitation skills
Model Fidelity's Values: Honesty & Integrity, Employee Respect, Quality & Excellence
Education and Experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Finance from an accredited college/university and at least four years demonstrated work experience or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- 4+ years experience with Quality Assurance and Software Devlopment Processes.
- Proven history with automated testing using FITNESSE, Cucumber or similar.
- Experience working within an “Acceptance Test Driven Development” model.
- Experience with trading systems including Order and Execution Management Systems (OMS/EMS).
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working with an off-shore testing team and collaborating with on shore business partners
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong attention-to-detail, analytical skills, organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with developers, business analysts, system analysts, and QA peers.
- Experience with test management tools such as Quality Center
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fluid organization where priorities shift to respond to changing business needs
- Knowledge of investing concepts and various investment vehicles desired
- Deep understanding of Oracle databases, demonstrated significant expertise with SQL.
Fidelity Investments is one of the world’s largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
At Fidelity Investments, you'll discover challenges that excite you as you develop professionally and explore many career paths based on...