Department Operations Manager-732226
The Department Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining a highly efficient, well-managed first line of defense operation without compromising the company brand and customer experience. In this specific Department Operations Manager role, develop and maintain working relationships with senior leaders and their designees throughout the company to ensure Operations responds to the regulatory controls environment and performs adequate testing of their controls. Act as a liaison between corporate audit services, our external auditors and department managers to incorporate best practices within the business. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: Third Party Management (TPM), Business Process Management (BPM), Compliance/Audit-related responsibilities, and project initiatives as assigned.
Ensure departmental compliance with key controls, including testing, documentation and review by accountable executivesAssess changes in the control environment
- Assist the business with compliance remediation solutions when breakdowns occur
- Manage and influence associates performing compliance related tasks
- Create the proper infrastructure and management controls - including metrics, quality assurance and capacity planning; drives innovation in process excellence; a beacon for operations talent
- Create and/or validate processes associated with department.
- Identify opportunities for enhancements and assist with implementing process improvements.
- Provide subject matter expertise on processes when representing department in projects and other meetings
- Ensure measurement and performance results are communicated to the VP, Direct Operations based upon corporate needs.
- Manage third party vendor relationships and internal relationships which support the area.
- Represent Capital One as necessary within the community and business arenas.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
2 years experience working knowledge of Compliance and Regulatory Management
2 years experience in Process Management
2 year experience in Project Management
Proficiency with Microsoft Project
Excellent leadership skills
Strong negotiation/influencing skills to create & negotiate best solutions
Experience leading & directing a cross-functional project team
Experience with guiding/leading teams in making major changes to operations, preferably within the banking/financial industry
Adaptable self-learner with a high degree of initiative & and drive
PMP, Lean, Agile, Six Sigma or other certification is highly desired
Understanding of business risk management and/or compliance in a highly regulated industry
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Operations
Primary Location : United States-Delaware-Wilmington-New Castle-Wilmington Plaza (18222)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting :Unposting Date :
Capital One - 2 years ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...