Make a Difference!
Land Rehabilitation Technician, Ft. AP Hill, VA
Parsons offers the U.S. Government qualified and clearable personnel to solve engineering, construction, facility, intelligence, environmental, and information technology needs. Our staff has supported mission critical, homeland security, installation/base optimization, range sustainability, space exploration, unexploded ordnance clean-up, missile defense, and disaster relief programs. We excel in delivering to mission critical expectations. Parsons makes the world a safer place.
Parsons is in need of an LRAM Coordinator for various Army Installations throughout the Continental United States. The Land Rehabilitation and Maintenance (LRAM) Coordinator is responsible for providing the technical expertise necessary to plan, organize and execute the LRAM component of the U.S. Army’s Integrated Training Area Management (ITAM) Program. This position is contingent upon award of project to Parsons.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate military trainers and natural resources programs to ensure training lands are sustainable for long term military training activities.
- Coordinates, plans, scopes, budgets, executes and oversees and implements Army training land rehabilitation projects to include erosion control, reseeding, land shaping, land clearing, invasive species control, stream crossings and minor construction projects.
- Develops methods for improved land management and technical techniques for addressing erosion problems, improving stream crossings, and monitoring.
- May produce and submit permits for Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP).
- Reviews natural resource technical reports and management plans; submits comments and ensures management plans are compatible with military training needs.
- Assists in the preparation of educational materials to educate soldiers and civilians in understanding how to sustain and improve Army training lands.
- Provides technical assistance and advice related to the ITAM and natural resources program to both military trainers and facility managers, to include assessing impact of resource management on military training and training impact to natural resources.
- Assist in formulating ITAM management plans primarily by participating in the development of Programmatic ITAM 5-year Plans.
- Four-year undergraduate college degree in civil engineering, physical, natural, or biological sciences with field experience in land management or prior experience and demonstrated competence in military training land management.
- US driver’s license.
- The federal government requires that all personnel assigned to this contract be US citizens. Employment for this position is therefore contingent upon proof of US citizenship.
- Ability to successfully pass NAC-I (National Agency Check with Inquiries) investigation.
- Ability to use computers and familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- THIS CONTRACT IS CURRENTLY IN THE PROPOSAL PHASE.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
- Experience working in the Integrated Training Area Management (ITAM) Program.
- Knowledge and experience in NEPA, military training, range and training land operations, capabilities, procedures, land inventory and monitoring, rehabilitation and maintenance, environmental awareness, and training/environmental integration.
- Master’s or post-graduate degree in civil engineering, or natural resources disciplines (e.g., biology, and range science).
- Demonstrated experience with military training readiness and/or natural and/or cultural resource data collection with corresponding experience in military range or training area management or, botany, field ecology, ecological modeling, geographic information systems, and project management and leadership, including the ability to organize field crews.
- Practical working knowledge of military training techniques and procedures.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership; and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,000 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 4,500 projects in 50 states and 26 countries. These dedicated workers speak 89 languages collectively, and hold more than 10,300 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.
Parsons Corporation - 23 months ago
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...