We are currently seeking a Career Services Advisor for our Canton, MA campus.
As a Career Service advisor Place every graduate assigned to him/her by the Career Service Director in the kind of a job for which Porter and Chester Institute, Inc. (PCI) has prepared the graduate and continue this effort until the graduate finds appropriate employment. Below you will find some of the Skills as well as requirments listed below for CSA.
- Excellent Interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in an environment that is goal oriented
- Ability to provide flexible and adaptable work schedules
- Ability to ascertain an individual’s career goals and to assist with guiding them towards employment.
- Ability to use good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient PC skills
- Job coaching experience
- Associates Degree psychology; sociology or related major
- Training in recruiting and/or placement
- Communication skills are essential
- Work experience in a number of career cluster fields
- Knowledge of career/vocational theories, career education program development and community resources/employers
- Knowledge of personal computer software applications – MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Porter and Chester Institute - 17 months ago