NHS Human Services, through its subsidiaries is one of
the nations’ leading non-profit providers of
community-based human services. With nationally
recognized programs in multiple states, NHS offers a
full range of integrated services to children and adults
in the areas of mental health, addictive diseases,
autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities,
juvenile justice, treatment foster care, education and
other specialized services.
Personal Care Aide:
NHS Human Services is looking for a Classroom
Aide/Personal Care Aide for our Ellsworth School for
Autism to work one on one with children with special
needs in a classroom setting.
order to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Discuss assigned student with classroom teacher in
assigned student under the direction and guidance of
- Present subject matter and planned lessons to the
help them master and reinforce learning concepts
- Assist assigned student in small groups in order to
presented by teachers.
assigned (e.g hallways, bathrooms, cafeterias,
- Supervise student in designated areas and as
playground, gym, field trips, etc).
assigned classroom and within the entire school.
- Be a positive role model for all students in
data to assess progress.
- Monitor student performance, and record relevant
during any special activities, games, etc.
- Provide assistance one on one to student assigned.
- Organize and supervise student assigned to you
requested by the school.
- Participate in parent - teacher conferences if
activities, trainings and conferences as
- Assist in bus loading and unloading.
- Attend staff meetings, professional development
needed/requested by the school.
system as well as individualized reinforcement
- Follow through with classroom behavior management
systems for individual student assigned to you.
toileting and grooming.
- Accompany designated child to bathroom and assist in
Autism School daily.
- Participate in outside activities with the NHS
NHS is an EOE.
- Other duties as assigned.
Spectrum is preferred
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Teaching degree is preferred
- Experience dealing with children on the Autism
For more information on the NHS Schools for Autism,
please follow this link:
Click the link below for a short video about the NHS
Schools for Autism:
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer of people who
Req. Code : 3988
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)
NHS Human Services - 19 months ago
Northwestern Human Services (operating as NHS Human Services) exists to lend a helping hand to humans throughout the Northeast. The...