In its ninth decade of providing access to the American dream through excellence in higher education, LIU is a multicampus, diverse, doctoral institution of higher learning. One of the largest and most comprehensive private universities in the country, the University offers more than 575 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs and certificates, and educates over 24,000* students in degree-credit and continuing education programs in Brooklyn, Brookville (LIU Post), Brentwood, Riverhead, and Rockland and Westchester (LIU Hudson). Other academic units include LIU Pharmacy (the Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences), which prepares students for successful careers in the fields of pharmacy and health care; LIU Global, which provides a wide range of study abroad options at overseas centers in China, Costa Rica and India, and through programs in Australia, Ecuador, Peru, Taiwan, Thailand and Turkey; and LIU Online, which harnesses the latest technology to offer online and blended programs.
LIU's 630 full-time faculty members provide outstanding instruction, which is supplemented by internships and cooperative education opportunities. The accomplishments of more than 186,000 living alumni are a testament to the success of its mission - providing the highest level of education to people from all walks of life. The institution also provides enrichment for students and the community through the world-class arts programming at LIU Tilles Center, NCAA Division I and II athletic teams and the nationally renowned George Polk Awards in journalism.
The LIU Post Campus of Long Island University seeks an Executive Assistant to the Dean to provide administrative support to the Dean, Assistant Dean and Business Manager of the School of Visual and Performing Arts (SVPA). Take direction from and collaborate with the Dean, Assistant Dean and Business Manager to perform a range of duties that ensure the smooth daily operation of the Dean's office.
- This number includes high school students enrolled in one or more degree-credit courses.
The successful candidate's principle responsibilities will be as follows:
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related work experience are required. Strong senior management support experience with a high level of diplomacy, and the ability to use high-level discretion and confidentiality; solid organizational and customer service skills to effectively manage multiple priorities, quickly evaluate complex issues and identify resolutions and a keen judgment, ability to learn quickly, excellent oral and written communications skills; excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; a collaborative attitude; and a highly professional presence and demeanor befitting of a member of the Office of the Dean. The University offers a competitive salary & generous benefits package.
- Create and coordinate executive communications (i.e., mass emails to SVPA faculty, students, and staff), including those requiring a high degree of sensitivity. May respond to public inquiries as well as requests from outside and within the University community. Organizes, manages, and tracks all correspondences, maintaining logs and records of follow-up activities.
- Oversee the collection of documents for faculty tenure, promotion and renewal. Coordinate personnel issues within the Office of the Dean and SVPA, including the preparation of full-time and adjunct hiring packages. Oversee the preparation of reappointment, promotion and tenure files in accordance with collective bargaining protocols. Prepare adjunct appointment and faculty stipend letters as well as produce contracts for graduate assistantships.
- Develop efficient, coherent and usable filing systems, including but not limited to maintaining alphabetical, chronological, non-financial, donor, project and correspondence files, so they may be easily found and referenced within a coherent filing system.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, and regularly proofread, edit, and produce correspondence for the Dean.
- Conduct research to respond to requests and summarize findings. Act as a liaison or contact person with other University departments and with outside organizations.
- Research grant funding opportunities and locate funding sources that complement the organizations program needs. Draft grants proposals while working in conjunction with department Chairs and Dean.
- Ensure time-critical issues are identified and addressed. Schedule, organize, prioritize, arrange and maintain good records of the Dean's calendar; including but not limited to, all travel arrangements, special events such as holiday parties, and award ceremonies.
- Assist with the preparation of school pocket calendar of events for each semester.
- Be the welcoming presence and voice of the Dean's office for visitors. Answer telephones, take messages, respond to inquiries or refer them to appropriate staff members or departments.
- Organize, create, and distribute key, complex management reports with a high degree of accuracy.
- Responsible for inputting and maintaining files on SharePoint.
- Collect documents and maintain a file of all syllabi.
- Distribute mail, keep track of all documents coming in and leaving the Dean's office; maintain inventory of office supplies; manage and maintain office equipment; and record minutes and distribute them accordingly.
- Oversee student workers in collaboration with the Assistant Dean and Business Manager; including assisting with the selection, training, allocation, review of work, performance feedback. Partake in the ongoing evaluation of department procedures to ensure efficiency.
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
Please email resume and salary history to: email@example.com .
LIU is proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v. We are committed to seeking qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. We encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
HigherEdJobs - 20 months ago