Installs and maintains computer hardware, software and peripherals, for use in a college-wide or laboratory setting. Supports both PC and Macintosh platforms and peripherals. Maintains, diagnoses, and repairs computer equipment; troubleshoots hardware, software, and connectivity issues. Provides customer support both directly and through a Help Desk; maintains inventory and service data.
60% - Installs, maintains, and repairs computer hardware, software, peripherals, and related equipment, compus- wide or in a lab setting
20% - Maintains records of maintenance repairs and performs inventory control
20% - Help Desk support and direct customer service, including assisting customers in the use of standard software applications, computer hardware and troubleshooting
- Direct experience supporting Windows based desktop systems in a networked environment including installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, software and peripherals
- Experience installing, configuring, and supporting network devices
- A high level of written communication skills
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Two (2) years' or more of direct customer service and support
- Two (2) years' or more experience working in computer maintenance and desktop systems support position
- Direct experience supporting Macintosh OS/X desktop systems, software, and peripherals
- Experience documenting technical processes
- Experience working as a part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Course or training in Windows Based, Macintosh OS, local area networking, or relevant industry certification including CCNA, SCSA, MCP, A +, Network +, SCCM
Special Working Conditions
May be required to work evenings and/ or weekends, may require local travel.
May require prolonged periods of sitting and standing. May require prolonged periods of viewing computer screens. Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Driver's License is required; must meet district minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rmi/vehicle.htm#requirements. May require heavy lifitng up to 50 lbs.
Maricopa County Community College District - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard