This position works on a face-to-face basis with a garden center/home improvement account in the Tulsa market. Information concerning the look and status of stores and our product is communicated directly to the Sales Analyst and the Regional Account Manager. Focus is placed on the personal relationship built with management at each garden center. A friendly personality, a general grasp of sales and marketing concepts, and reliable daily transportation are required. This part-time position calls for 30 or less hours of travel to garden centers in the Tulsa area per week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Driving to garden centers and visiting with personnel
- Driving to competing centers’ locations and reporting retail and quality information
- Speaking to store- and market-level sales information with garden center personnel and Color Star analysts and management
- Gathering garden center pictures and information daily
- Ensuring execution of account program and client’s expectations
- Providing in-store assistance through merchandising and offering guidance on basic garden center tasks such as proper plant merchandising and watering live goods
- Assisting Color Star management with future season preparation
- Reliable transportation, a driver’s license, current vehicle liability insurance, ability to work in U.S.
- Lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Minimum High School Diploma or skills and experience in related field.
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree.
- Expert skills with verbal and written communication.
- Basic knowledge of retail math.
- Basic knowledge of horticulture products (annuals)
- Ability to drive from store to store
- Hours and schedule are flexible