Posting Job Title: Sr. Product Manager – Carrier Data Product Development
Requisition #: 143739BR
Posting Location: Herndon, VA, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Sr. Product Manager - Carrier Data Product Development for our Business Services Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
The Commercial Product Development team is responsible for the end to end product development of all Time Warner Cable commercial products. The Product Development team is looking for a Sr. Manager Carrier Data Product Development to manage the developmet and launch new commercial carrier data products and services.
Partner with a wide variety of functional areas on the identification and assessment of carrier data product opportunities.
Identify new carrier data solutions with internal and external development partners to determine the best solution to fulfill product and business requirements. Serve as a liaison between functional groups for product definition and product and operational requirements. Develop detailed product and functional requirements.
Drive the product development cycle, represent and champion the product during the development lifecycle. Drive internal and external teams to meet the goals outlined in the product development plans. Develop Product Guide in preparation for launch, and support the product launch.
Identify product improvement areas and work cross-functionally to implement these improvements through development of clear functional requirements.
Communicate the product vision, requirements, progress/status and organizational needs within the company while delivering new products or product enhancements on-time and within budget.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess 3-5 years of experience in data product development for carrier customers, and/or consulting in a cross functional/matrixed organization in a telecoms or cable organization. Specific requirements include:
- Experience with carrier data services, including Ethernet Access, Transport Services and Cell Tower Backhaul services.
- Understanding of carrier standards, carrier to carrier communication and carrier order operation processes
- Experience writing product requirement documents covering product, features, business and functional requirements. Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with cross functional teams to develop products and services. Ability to build interdepartmental relationships.
- Knowledge of product concept identification, requirements definition and lifecycle management.
- 5+ years of business experience in a high technology/telecommunication services environment strongly preferred.
- Ability to multitask and perform in a fast paced and changing environment with minimal direction and supervision. Strong personal work ethic
MBA a plus.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, IT/Computer Sciences or Business. Masters degree in Business or Technology a plus. 5 years of related experience with a minimum of 3 years product management/development experience with a data service provider, LEC, cable operator (MSO), or Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Travel Requirements: Travel 15 %
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...