The Social Media Manager position for the Georgia Lottery requires an individual who can harness integrated marketing communications, brand building, corporate communications, stakeholder engagement and issues management to advance the Georgia Lottery’s brand via social media.. This role is responsible for managing and executing a centralized social media strategy to ensure brand alignment and prioritized, integrated social media engagement across the Georgia Lottery.
Social Media Manager will be the brand advocate/ evangelist responsible for engaging and encouraging on-going conversations with fans/users on all social media outlets. The specialist needs to understand the brand strategy and tone while creating a consistent voice in the space for the Illinois Lottery and all of its related products. Key responsibilities include:
- Developing an innovative, effective, on-going social media plan/strategy across all channels of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Four Square and more) and continually update that plan/strategy and related activity based on emerging trends and opportunities.
- Monitoring/tracking/interpreting/leveraging relevant social media trends.
- Directly managing the company's day-to-day social media activities, including its social media platforms. This includes planning an editorial calendar and creating content to support that calendar.
- Insuring integration of a social media content plan with overall PR plan and marketing goals.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key bloggers and other influencers.
- Keeping updated/current lists of those influencers across multiple categories.
- Playing a leadership role in working with departments across the entire company on their social media needs/projects.
- Analyzing/interpreting results and actively "listening" to the social media community, regularly report on findings.
- Work closely with Lottery Team and agency partners to coordinate plans for social media initiatives.
- Adopting and implementing plans and procedures to meet compliance and legal requirements as they relate to social media.
- Developing and implementing social media plans and specific initiatives, etc.)
- Writing copy, producing content and repurposing materials optimized for the web consistent with the Georgia Lottery Brand Voice; create content for social media in a variety of formats including copy, social media posts, blogs, online contests, interactive graphics, videos, and podcasts).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in digital space with 2 years managing social media across multiple channels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid understanding of analytics, SEO and social media platforms and monitoring tools.
- Track record of innovation and creative thinking.
- Proven experience managing successful high-profile projects that involve multiple business functions.
- Proven understanding of social media and its role in business.
- Proven experience managing social media campaigns and ability to apply social media/new media solutions to a business environment.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with key social media audiences, i.e. bloggers, influencers, online media.
GTECH - 22 months ago
GTECH will make you happy when your number comes up -- lottery number, that is. One of the world's leading operators of lottery...