Manage all aspects of a retail packaged gas facility. This position reports directly to the Region General Manager.
Work design: Manages a unit or function that is part of a larger function. Follows established organizational policies. Develops procedures; recommends policies. Decisions involve translating the Division''s goals and objectives into unit objectives, defined work assignments and projects; conducting and implementing actions; and short-term planning.
1. Responsible for all safety and compliance (OSHA, FDA, DOT & EPA) issues including federal and state compliance reporting, maintaining necessary permits for retail operations and representing Matheson Tri-Gas locally as a leader in safety and environmental compliance.
2. Financial responsibility for the retail business, including budgeting and managing operating costs.
3. Responsible for on time delivery to our customers with a minimum of 98% on time.
4. Responsible for the hiring, staffing and training of personnel.
5. Insure that all associates maintain a positive and professional work environment.
6. Maintain a facility which is compliant with EEOC and related employment regulations including harassment and discrimination.
7. Responsible for establishing high standards and expectations for customer service through retail store operations.
8. Responsible for reviewing and resolving customer complaints, service request and credits.
9. Responsible for setting and maintaining inventory levels through regularly scheduled cycle counts consistent with customer demands and sales forecasting.
10. Responsible for reporting required DOT and FDA information to upper management in a timely manner.
Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, VISO, Powerpoint and Outlook is a must.
College degree in business, engineering, engineering technology or related fields of study. Acceptable qualifications would include a degree from a trade school or vocational school with 3-5 years work experience in the welding supply business. Technical knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory agencies (FDA, CFR, OSHA, SAHRA and DOT). Knowledge of industrial, specialty, medical and industrial cylinder industry. Knowledge of manufacturing of industrial, medical and specialty gases including pure gases, gas blends, hydrocarbon blends and reactive gas blends. Knowledge of distribution including federal and state departments of transportation regulations. Knowledge of warehouse management. Knowledge of cutting and welding equipment and processes
Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. - 7 months ago