Consultants are individuals who participate in a wide range of IT and operations-related consulting engagements. These projects may include server consolidation and virtualization, data center migration strategy, planning and implementation as well as data center rationalization, optimization, consolidation or relocation activities. You will have the opportunity to build technical skills within the IT solutions space, participate in work planning and prioritization for their team/group and maintain day-to-day client relationships.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Participates in the analysis of a client's current IT and operations environment and the anticipation of future needs
- Participates in business development activities including creation of proposals, statements of work and scope definition.
- Participates in planning, building of storage and technology solutions. Teams may include clients, subcontractors and other services organizations.
General Skills Required:
- Ability to analyze client's environments including existing data center processes and technology
- Technical Skills: Redhat Linux including Sudoers rules, networking, firewalls, VLANS, Forward and reverse DNS lookup
- Ability to review and validate the design configurations before sending downstream for the system admins to buld the environment
- Good understanding of data center operations including production operations, server, storage, network, database management, systems management, help desk, DR/Business Recovery practices, etc.
- Experience or exposure to EMC technology or significant competitor technology (HDS, IBM, VERITAS, etc.)
- Exposure to Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery planning; ITIL is a plus
- Exposure to recovery strategy planning; implementation is a plus
- Experience with data center operations, migration, move and/or consolidation is a plus
General Experience Required:
- Project management skills including work planning, estimating, meeting facilitation and issue resolution
- Proficiency with MS Project and MS Office Suite
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem solving environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- 2 -3 years related experience
- Experience in a professional services environment preferred
EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of information...