Performs basic direct patient care activities in caring for the physical, social and behavioral needs of the psychiatric patient. Performs these duties under supervision of nurses. This position is required to understand and follow all patient safety policies and procedures, to participate in required Patient Safety training programs, to support and abide by the National Patient Safety Goals as interpreted and applied at this hospital, and to do all that is reasonable to prevent injury to patients, employees, the facility, and the general public.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides basic ADL care and safety monitoring according to plan for individual age, gender, and cultural specific needs. Measures vital signs, height, weight, intake and output, accurately uses equipment, escorts and transports patients, carries out treatment plans for patients, utilizes therapeutic communication, and works within hospital and departmental standards of practice and care.
- Completes documentation and assignments within established time frames. Meets medical records and departmental documentation requirements. Meets standards for infection control and prevention. Adheres to zero tolerance for patient abuse and ethical standards for the treatment of patients. Participates and directs ongoing process improvement activities.
- Demonstrates development and increased competency through internal/external resources as identified by Training Needs Assessment done in conjunction with supervisor. Attends and participates in teams, in-services and meetings as required. Assists in orientation of new employees as assigned.
- Follows established regulatory personnel and departmental standards that include guidelines for proper attire, punctuality, attendance and acceptance of responsibility. Demonstrates interpersonal skills that enhance communication with both internal and external customers.
- Completes all annually required training according to established timeframes; other related duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or GED equivalency. One year of hospital experience. A valid drivers license is required. Must have computer competency in approved hospital systems. The employee shall become familiar with HIPAA regulations and do their utmost to protect all protected health information (PHI) and other personal or sensitive information within their trust in the course of state business by applying appropriate safeguards and sharing only the information required to deliver agency services. Any personal or sensitive information overheard or seen by the employee will be kept confidential by not sharing it with others, on or off the work-site grounds.
Education Requirements (Any)
- HS Diploma
Annual Hiring Salary Range: $22,833 - $28,541
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Other
Seven Counties Services - 23 months ago