The Linux System Administrator within the Managed Hosting Operations team is responsible for performing system administration on physical and virtual Linux servers. This position provides third-tier support for Managed hosting customers. The person who fills this position will be responsible for troubleshooting customer problems, upgrading software and working to improve the services we offer.
What does the job entail?
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve customer reported issues.
- Project work, including patching, security updates and improvements to the Managed hosting infrastructure.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve customer provisioning errors.
- Document daily shift activities in the appropriate reporting tool and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
Do you have what it takes?
Go Daddy’s award-winning technical teams design and support the innovative technologies that are transforming the cloud, the internet and the world. From product developers to network engineers, data center technicians to platform engineers, our expertise ensures our customers have the technical solutions to meet their needs. We develop world-class products that help our customers establish, enhance and evolve their online presence.
- Four year college degree in technology related field or equivalent experience is required.
- 3 to 5 years experience as a Linux Systems administrator required.
- Experience working in a large (1000+ server) and complex hosting operations environment.
- Experience with Red Hat linux distros (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS)
- Experience with Virtualization technologies (Virtuozzo, VMWare, Xen, etc.)
- Experience with Apache, Plesk, scripting and automation (PHP, BASH, Perl), networking (firewalls, load balancers, etc.), web server security and other technologies such as caching, monitoring and performance tuning.
- Experience with monitoring technologies including SNMP
- Excellent customer service skills with a professional demeanor. Must at all times be able to communicate clearly with all levels of employees and external vendors
- Exposure to database technologies (MySQL, MSSQL)
- Ability to work and derive creative and practical solutions to complex problems in independent work environment.
Are you ready to GO with us?
When you GO with Go Daddy, you have the opportunity to be part of something special by making a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers. Their success is our success.
Here’s what you need:
Here’s what we’ll provide:
- Passion to contribute to a truly exceptional customer experience, no matter your job title
- Understanding that innovation and creativity is a part of what we do every day
- Agility and action orientation – we move at the speed of tech
- Understanding of the privilege and obligation of being part of a team
Go Daddy has been recognized because of its outstanding benefits, compensation, unique perks, diversity and company camaraderie. Go Daddy was awarded the 2011 and 2012 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility Honoree - Arizona, Iowa & Denver. Go Daddy is the #1 IT Company on Inc. Magazine's inaugural Hire Power list of job creators.
- A fun, dynamic and challenging work environment
- Formal and informal opportunities and support for ongoing learning, growth and development
- Team building activities and recognition
- Competitive base plus bonus incentive
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and insurance coverage for all benefit-eligible Go Daddy employees
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year of employment
Go Daddy’s philanthropic work supports a wide variety of charitable and community organizations dedicated to causes including women and children, domestic violence, child abuse, teenage homelessness, animal shelters and more. Visit www.GoDaddyCares.com for more information.
Go Daddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
GoDaddy.com - 30+ days ago
Go Daddy, go! Go Daddy provides individuals and businesses with Internet services such as domain name registration and website hosting,...