Bazaarvoice, a leading social software company, helps clients bring the voice of the customer to the center of business strategy. With nearly 2,000 clients globally, including over half of the Internet Retailer 500 list of the world’s largest retailers, over 20 percent of the Fortune 500, and over one-third of the Fortune 100 brands, Bazaarvoice helps clients like Best Buy, Costco, Dell, Macy's, P&G, Panasonic, QVC, Travelocity, and USAA to create social outlets on their brand websites and Facebook pages where customers can engage in
conversations. These conversations can be syndicated across Bazaarvoice’s global network of client websites and mobile devices, making the user-generated content that digital consumers trust accessible at multiple points of purchase. Through Bazaarvoice, brands can also connect directly with consumers on retail sites to answer questions and respond to reviews written about their products. The Bazaarvoice technology platform allows clients to
leverage social data derived from online word of mouth to increase sales, acquire new customers, improve marketing effectiveness, enhance consumer engagement across channels, increase success of new product launches, improve existing products and services, effectively scale customer support, and decrease product returns. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Bazaarvoice has offices in Amsterdam, London, Munich, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Stockholm, and Sydney. For more information, visit www.bazaarvoice.com , read the blog at www.bazaarvoice.com/blog , and follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/bazaarvoice . ©Bazaarvoice, 2012.
Who We Want:
- The primary focus of this role is to report, in an accurate and extremely timely manner, the revenue metrics for the entire company. This includes, but is not limited to, making sure that all customer contracts are accurately recorded in our accounting system and making sure that all revenue is recognized in strict accordance with the appropriate GAAP.
- In order to achieve this, the successful candidate must have an ability to read and understand our customer contracts and internal policies and be able to extract the relevant data required to ensure accuracy in our customer billing and revenue recognition. This role will be responsible for reviewing and approving the work of the order entry function.
- This role will work closely with the sales, business operations, collections and product development teams to assist them with their inquiries as it relates to bookings and revenue recognition.
Skills and Experience Necessary for the Role:
- 4+ years accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a distinct plus solid understanding of revenue recognition and general accounting requirements
- Exceptional skills with spreadsheets and reporting tools
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and a very clear understanding that hard work creates opportunities
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to undertake any and all projects in order to support your teammates and improve the overall quality of the function. This is not a role for solo performers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company
- Experience using the Netsuite accounting system would be a distinct advantage.
BazaarVoice - 17 months ago
Give customers a voice and they'll reward you with loyalty. Listen to what they say and you'll get ideas that will move your business...