Exciting opportunity at our growing photo studio for creative, high-energy professionals at the top of their game. Interested individuals need to thrive in a fun yet fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as well as have talent and passion to open/operate a new studio to support online and print advertising for Sears Holdings.
The Photo Studio Operations Manager oversees all Sears Holdings Corporation (SHC) Studio Operations to ensure seamless operation of the Studio. You will be accountable for the operations of the SCH Studio Services facility including responsibility for all budgetary, facility services, quality of facility, management and procurement of facility services, and operational efficiencies. You will be responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are established and enforced, compliance to workplace conditions, determines and procures facility service needs and manages overall operational budgets. You will be responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of either Inbound or Outbound operations. You will be responsible for reporting status of operations and independently troubleshooting and resolving issues.
The SHC Studio Services Operations Manager is responsible for direct management of at least 2 team members, including managing schedules, workloads, project assignments, training, and performance management of associates. You will direct and manage an operations support team to facilitate successful service delivery across the Studio. You will lead efforts to ensure operational efficiencies by sharing best practices across all departments. You will work closely with SHC Corporate support staff (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety, IT) and Studio leadership to create, communicate, and facilitate SHC Studio policy and procedure across all SHC Studio teams.
• Drives development, enforcement and communication of the facility operations plan
• Manages all facility service contracts including compliance, contract renewal, and the network, including installation, operations, and maintenance of office and equipment. Meet or exceed service-related objectives.
• Create hierarchy of building badge system, and implementing knowledge of security software.
• Control assets such as computers, monitors through tracking system.
• Manage safety awareness and process injury reporting when necessary.
• Train new hires of building operations and walk through handbook.
• Direct process improvement and policy structure in support of organizational goals.
• Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output.
• Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
• Negotiate and purchase equipment beyond basic computer needs such as software, hardware and supplies. Provide technical support where necessary, and empower employees by giving direction where to find Information and Technology's self-service website.
• Interface and plan billing routines with all outside suppliers.
• Decide and write safety procedures, conduct safety meetings, interact with City safety personnel when needed.
• Provide leadership and direction to Receptionist, Studio Driver and Housekeeping staff. Monitor performance and take corrective action as required.
• Direct all Human Resources activities pertaining to the agency including employee training and development. Devise plans with outside employment sources when contractors are needed at peak times.
• Direct process improvement and policy structure in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
• Lead the Associate Relations Committee promoting high morale of Studio.
• Other special projects as required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in operations management for a freestanding facility/small business entity.
• Performance Management
• Ability to project and map out deadlines
• Proven team player
• Strong Organizational skills & detailed oriented
• Ability to make decisions & Meet Deadlines with accuracy
• Strong cognitive skills including problem analysis and decision making
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations using excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to delegate and prioritize accordingly to accommodate production demands
• Ability to make cost effective decisions
• Lead, motivate and train employees to achieve production results, improve individual skills, and enhance teamwork
• Establish and sustain effective relationships with all employees in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities
• Ability to implement change
• Ability to motivate others and encourage team development
• Computer experience/aptitude
• Operational leadership
• Strong analytical skills
5 - 10 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...