Schedules exams for patients, performs pre-registration, faxes and scans documents, handles customer service related requests, communicates preparations, handles call backs, coordinates legal records requests and performs various other clerical tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Displays excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette.
· Answers incoming calls in a courteous and professional manner - identifies self and company.
· Places calls to referring physicians for patients expressing difficulty with scheduling.
· Maintains self control when dealing with difficult patients and or situations.
· Identifies patients with special needs and shows care and compassion.
· Maintains good rapport with referring physicians, secretaries and clinical site staff.
· Enters accurate information in RIS for appointment scheduling, rescheduling, cancellation and comment entry.
· Updates account information at the point of scheduling.
· Properly schedules all procedures.
· Utilizes RIS filter screens to answer questions associated with insurance, procedures and preps.
· Communicates and interacts with all departments effectively and professionally.
· Meets incoming call volume quota.
· Pre-registers, faxes reports, scans documents, inputs clinical data as needed for appointment and requests films as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
· Must be able to type and file accurately with precise data entry skills.
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
· Knowledge of medical insurance plans.
· Ability to schedule and register patients rapidly and accurately.
· General knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
· Provide clear written and verbal communication.
· Detail oriented.
· Ability to multi-task and be organized.
Education & Experience Requirements:
The above knowledge, skills and abilities may be demonstrated by a high school diploma or equivalent and experience working in a call center environment.