Verigent , a nationwide Telecom and IT Staffing firm, has an opening in San Antonio, TX for an experienced Jr. Developer.
This is a 5 month contract opportunity. If selected, you will work as a Verigent employee on contract to our client.
- The Junior Level Developer is responsible for providing technical knowledge to support the implementation of system components/subsystems utilizing the Oracle E-Business Suite and/or HR Modules and/or Data Warehouse
- The duties may include developing and modifying DCPDS enterprise-wide software to implement changes or enhancements to the system, as well as providing input to design when applicable
- The Junior Level Developer will consider configuration management, security and quality control in implementations
- Additionally, the Junior Level Developer will resolve troubleshooting issue requests for assistance assigned to the development team, support functional/regression testing activities in support of system functionality releases, patches and upgrades, as well as document, track and update System Change Requests and Problem Reports
- The Junior Level Developer will analyze the process improvement areas, recommend changes to processes and procedures for efficiencies and cost-savings, as well as other duties as required
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 2 years of professional experience or a related Masters degree with no professional experience
- Considered experienced, but still a learner
- Must have strong teamwork, and problem solving skills, strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational and analytical skills
- The position requires knowledge and experience with COTS integration and COTS lifecycle, along with being process oriented
- The Junior Level Developer must have one of more of the following skills:
- Business Intelligence, (reporting, dashboards, etc.)
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL), (i.e. Informatica, Talend, etc.)
- Database development / design, (Oracle, SQL, etc.)
- Portal, (web, Java, Portlet, etc.)
- ERP Systems, (i.e. E-Business Suite)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), (i.e. web services, BPEL, etc.)
- Data Warehousing
- Data Modeling
Verigent is headquartered near Charlotte, NC and has field offices located in the New York Metro area, the Washington, DC Metro area, and the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX Metro area. Verigent also has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Charlotte.
- Domain knowledge related to Human Resources, Payroll, or HCM is a plus
- Experience with Oracle EBS (E-Business Suite), as well as Oracle ERP applications database architecture, Oracle database and development tools, (PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Forms, Reports, JDeveloper, Java, Framework and JSP), are highly desired
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools, (i.e. PVCS), HP Quality Center, and with Business Objects user interface, (i.e. Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports), along with features, (i.e. save, schedule, export), to include the ability to build ad-hoc queries are desired. Ability to learn and understand the system architecture of the system and the data flow through the system are a plus as well
- Knowledge and experience with distributed systems, data warehousing, web application servers, Enterprise Service Bus (EBS), Business Intelligence (BI) Extract/Transform/Load (ETL), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and Portals/Portlet concepts are desired
- Experience in web services (WSDSL/SOAP/XML), J2EE, Plone, XML, C/C++, LINUX, Pearl, and Java Database is highly desired
- Additionally, intermediate UNIX skills, SQL skills, MS Office products experience, and an understanding of data modeling and data warehousing methodologies are a plus as well
We currently support client projects across the country in over 35 different states. We offer our employees an unmatched level of service and experience in the staffing industry.
All positions require applicants who are willing to undergo a background check and drug screen. Interested candidates please forward a recent resume along with your current job status and salary requirements.
As a W2 employee Verigent offers the following benefits:
- 6 Paid Holidays after probationary period
- Accrued PTO
- Quarterly 401K access with company match based upon length of employment
- Verigent offers a mini-medical plan which is supplemental in nature. You can sign up for this plan the 1st of the month following your 1st day of employment. Verigent contributes 1/2 of the SINGLE monthly premium after 90 days on-assignment.
- Weekly payroll and direct deposit
Verigent - 11 months ago